J&M CB2003 Install

Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
Just got off the phone with the Dealer I got my ST from and the corporate STealer in Jacksonville. Honda of JAX doesn't do installs on anything unless you buy it at their price from them. The other dealer wanted $500 plus dollars to do the install.

I live in an apartment and do not have a garage or place to parade rest my ST and do the install myself. A couple of our members have volunteered to help with the install, but they are at least a day ride away. Unfortunately I don't have three days right now.

Does any know someone in Jacksonville or close to Jacksonville than can do a J&M CB2003 install?

Thanks!!

JD

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
$500 for the install? Check other shops for prices. It is really pretty basic install.

Bike
GL1800 - Goldwing
The install is pretty simple. Mount the unit to the left clutch reservior using the supplied hardware. I routed the wiring from the handlebars down around the inside of the left side fairing and then under the seat.

Tap into the switched power using a "t-tap" you can buy at Home Depot. I tapped off the rear tail light wire. It will take you some time to remove the "tupperware".

I made a antenna mount using a flat piece of steel about 2" wide and painted it with black Rusloleum. I mounted it to my GIVI trunk mount. You can buy one of those "uni-bits" from Home Depot to make any holes needed in the steel piece with a hand drill.

You can ground the antenna to the circular plate just under the seat or to the grab bar bolts. You will need to use an SWR meter to tune the antenna. I bought one from a store online for $15. It should come with instructions.

My only problem is I cannot transmit on high power due to high SWR readings. It works fine on low power. Good luck.

OP
OP
Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
Thanks for the suggestions. I installed it on Saturday and rode Sunday to Charleston SC. I am up here for a class. I have not tuned it yet with an SWR meter so I didn't talk to anyone on the way up. Reception was pretty good.

I installed using the clutch resevior mount, then ran all the wires under the gas tank, inside the frame, and under the seat. I didn't have time to install my fuse sea fuse box for the time being it is directly connected to the battery. I am going to install the blue sea box and power outlets shortly so I will re route the power then. I grounded it to the grab rail bolts. I "borrowed" the idea for the mount using the to rear bolts on the rack. Bought some aluminium tubing at Home Depot and made a mount. Works great, I just need to find a quick release or mount to fold it down so I can use my cover.

Thanks again for the posts and PM's.

JD

Top Bottom