Just 'Discovered' the Events calendar on the site

Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Hi everyone,
I'm fairly a new rider, at 52 years old, with an ST1100 that I got late this past season, barely had a chance to ride it. I've been looking for an excuse to get me on a long ride, hopefully in 2024. Not knowing much about long distance rides yet, I just noticed there is an 'Events' section on this site, and the camping grounds I see on the calendar draw my attention as good place to start a long ride far to one of the destinations.
Curious, is the intent of these are to get together and chill only, or are there rides planned open some of the days? Can you book one day only, or better all days? Is there a format to these events?
Not sure what to ask really.
I think I asked this before, but is there anyone here in the Chicago area? I'd love to meet with local people to share this passion, even over a Starbucks coffee, and learn more about opportunities to ride. The only people I've met were at a motorcycle dealership so far.
Thanks,
Doron

Bike
R1200rt
There is a bit of everything. Usually plans for rides include a lunch stop. Go with or on your own it's up to you. 1 day or 4 days what ever works for you. Tent, cabin or motel. Take a look at the 23' calender click on the event and read all the post. You will get an idea of what goes on. like this in Wisconsin. You will also get an idea of how many show up. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/locstoc-15-jun-15-18-2023-spring-green-wi.180859/IMG_0007.JPG

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I think I asked this before, but is there anyone here in the Chicago area?
There used to be a members map so you could see who was in any given area. I am on a tablet right now and don't see it using the tablet, but I assume it still exists.

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
There is a bit of everything. Usually plans for rides include a lunch stop. Go with or on your own it's up to you. 1 day or 4 days what ever works for you. Tent, cabin or motel. Take a look at the 23' calender click on the event and read all the post. You will get an idea of what goes on. like this in Wisconsin. You will also get an idea of how many show up. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/locstoc-15-jun-15-18-2023-spring-green-wi.180859/IMG_0007.JPG
Thank you. I'll read more in the posts about it.
Doron

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
There used to be a members map so you could see who was in any given area. I am on a tablet right now and don't see it using the tablet, but I assume it still exists.
Thanks for pointing that out. There is a members search, seems there are quite a few in my area actually.
Doron

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That was on the previous software, nothing like that exists at the moment. I haven't researched it in a while so I can check but many don't prefer to show EXACTLY where they live for privacy concerns.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I haven't researched it in a while so I can check but many don't prefer to show EXACTLY where they live for privacy concerns.
Don't got to any effort to reinstate it based on my comment. It wasn't intended as a request, just as an FYI for the benefit of Doron if he wanted to look for it.
If it no longer exists, c'est la vie.

Top Bottom