Just received tire!

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, and finally received my new Hankook 205/50/17, I called about 7 different places today trying to find somewhere that will mount this Beast! Guess what no luck! I wasn't really surprised, so can anyone on this forum tell me where to go? I live in Baton Rouge,La.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have been lucky with a private shop that is more than willing to do this.. I have also talked to some tire shops and found most big box or national chain stores will not mount it, but almost all smaller locally owned shops would make the install. Try just taking it in and ask to have it mounted and don't tell them it is for a motorcycle!

OP
OP
Hey George, thanks for the reply, my problem is i have no tools and have never mounted a car tire or motorcycle tire. What im hoping for is someone who knows of a place around my area that will take old tire off and mount and balance new tire. I would be more than happy to pay for the service, just thought maybe someone in my area knows of a place I could bring tire and rim to. Thanks again!

Diggers1300

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I can mount and balance for you if you get up this way. Just west of Shreveport. Strap it on and go for a ride. George straps a tire on his bike for cross-country trips with all his other gear.

BTW, I have mounted that tire on my ST so there shouldn't be any problems.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Take just the wheel and tire to a cage tire shop, and tell them its for a custom trike.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Great looking project. 'Fraid I wouldn't get much done around the house with that setting in easy reach. :beer3:

OP
OP
Well as of yesterday I'm now official Darkside! Thanks to the suggestions from this great forum, I took old tire and rim to a independent tire shop and told them it was for a custom tryke (thanks diesel) and they mounted my Hankook woth no problem, no way to balance so took tire and rim to independent moto shop and paid them to balance, no weights were added in fact the same weight was used at same spot, anyway returned home and yesterday afyer cleaning both splines and applying Honda60 moly, I lined up the tire and it went in without any problems. I was shocked how easy it was! So now after 22 miles I'm loving this tire, not much difference just a hair more effort in turns. If your on the fence as weather to go Darkside, just do it you'll love it! Mine is a 04 without abs.

Top Bottom