Just started the ST1300 tonite

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
Could not wait any longer, I had to do it. The Shorai battery did great, turn the key on for a few seconds than hit the starter, started just like I used it yesterday. I did have the Shorai on a battery tender Jr, volts read at 12.99 prior to starting. :)

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Hee Haw! Ain't that an awesome sound after months in front of the fire. Hope you get a chance to get on her and clean them cob webs out, the season is upon us.

mbw919

Martin
Bike
'07 ST1300
Your post tempts me to do the same, but I resisted today. It's almost 60 degrees in the shade and most of the 18+ inches of snow we got one week ago is gone. It's a good day to put fresh fuel with Stabil in the snowmobiles and replace the parts my wife found that fell off the snow blower. Too bad I have to wait for mud to dry up every spring before getting the ST to pavement. I did see a motorcycle at a gas station in Charlevoix yesterday. I bet he lives in town and has a paved driveway.

I went cheap on my replacement battery last year, but hope I have the same results as you when I hit the starter button. I always leave a battery tender hooked up all winter.

I just put a new Shorai LFX18 in my ST-1300 last month. The heat in N.E. Florida 'melted' the last 2 lead batteries, (eg. the temp today 3/15/12 was 89 degrees in my garage and this is still winter!!!). This Shorai turns the engine so fast I thought the compression was low!!! Didn't like paying $181 for a 'new' technology but I know the lead batteries don't hold up in the heat, SOOO... I'll keep ya'll posted on how this one turn out! (There's PLENTY of room in the battery box for extra fuse-boxes, relays, etc. with this Shorai which is a VERY welcome 'side-effect'...)

Top Bottom