K1600

One thing I have noticed through the years is everybody makes a decent motorcycle and you have to try to find a bad one. It does seem to come down to which one you prefer to ride. It makes the term " It is all the same wind" more meaningful. Although picking on other brands is a lot of fun.
Stopped at Devils Tower and met a couple from Michigan who rode matching Bergmans and loved them like crazy. Somewhere in Missouri met a guy on a Harley with 325,000 miles on it. ( Yes he did live on it)

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Burgmans have a big following and can actually be used as touring bikes (as can the Silverwing)- in a small number of cases, they have had issues with the transmission, but it can be very expensive (like the cost of the Burgman itself), so I went with Honda.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I tried several times to preregister to ride the K and the RT on line but it wouldn't let me, got there when they first opened (9 am) and got luck and rode the K, by that time a lot of people had shown up, and I would have had to wait till 12:30 to ride the RT
Worth the wait but that's just me.

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Site Supporter
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hmmmm, so you want to put stupid grins on other faces at your funeral? (my wife would ask) :rofl1:

Tom
Couldn't have said it better myself @TPadden . Life is short and stuff happens outside of our control. Between now and dead, do what makes you smile.

I just sold my BMW K1600 GTL and I am not sure how that happened, I wasn't trying hard at all, but it happened. I will absolutely miss that wonderful engine - there is nothing else like it on the planet. I found the handling was every bit as good as the ST, if not better. Looking for something a little lighter? Seriously consider an RT. The bike I kept is a 2020 R1250 GS Adventure which fits my needs a little better at the moment and as much as I like the GSA, the K1600 was more exciting. YMMV

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I just sold my BMW K1600 GTL and I am not sure how that happened, I wasn't trying hard at all, but it happened.
Holy mystery, Batman!
Have you checked your phone records, title transfer, bill of sale, registration information? What about your bank account? Any recent deposits you weren't aware of?
Who have you been around lately, anyone not familiar to you? Have you been somewhere recently that you've never been before? When was the last time you saw the K16? Did you leave the keys lying around?
There has GOT to be an answer to this conundrum.
Think, man, THINK!

Top Bottom