kit available for suspension rebuild?

flip-flop

I do not consent to a search...
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I'm going to be off the bike for 4 to 6 weeks due to shoulder repair surgery. Since I'll be off work and at home (and it's hotter than Hades here now), I thought it's a perfect time to service the forks and do other maintenance work on the bike.
My son will be able to help with the work due to my limited mobility.

I know my bike (2006 w/ 40,000mi) has had several previous owners but I have no idea if anything has been done to the front suspension.

I've never done any suspension work before on any bike I've owned-- most everything else, but not that.

Does anyone have a kit or parts list of the things I'll need for a rebuild?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I did Option C, found a parts fiche online for my bike and ordered the seals, bushings, etc. myself and the Gold Valves from R-T. I made a seal driver from some PVC pipe I had and proceeded from there after talking to a few folks here (via PM).

I'd suggest you do the sag measurements first - that will tell you if you need new, stronger springs. After you do the fronts, you will probably become more aware of the back of your bike, especially when you go over bumps. That prompted me to send my aft shock off to them some months later.

One hint from Larry. He had an old triple clamp that he puts in his vise. The fork leg is then inserted into the TC while he does the work. I looked for some of the suggested TC's on ebay but in the end decided not to spend the $60 to $100 for one of those. I drilled a hole in a 2x4, sanded the inside a bit to enlarge it, then ran a saw cut down the center of the 2x4 through the big hole. A smaller hole thru the saw cut and carriage bolt turned this one foot piece of wood with a big hole in it into a big wooden clamp that held the fork leg like a triple clamp.

Top Bottom