Lane Position 101

CaptCrash

Dazed & Confused
Bike
ST1300
See and be seen. Here's tips for beginners...

[video=youtube;g-r0YsWcJI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-r0YsWcJI8[/video]

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Good one Captcrash, but it's not just for beginners. Thanks for posting it, I'm very learnable and enjoy instructional and educational.

STOC #
Basic yes, but well known NO, Great Video, well done and really interested in the bikes. Did you edit that together or do you have two of everything?

OP
OP

CaptCrash

Dazed & Confused
Bike
ST1300
Basic yes, but well known NO, Great Video, well done and really interested in the bikes. Did you edit that together or do you have two of everything?
There's the "good" Crash and the "bad" Crash and this is one of those times where both are in the same place....

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
:wave1:Great video! That cone of vision brings it home...When I try to explain it to new riders, this is how I describe Your vision zone. The same thing applies to curves...outside lines can see farther into curves and give more reaction time and space. Cudos to the Capt.:yes:

Bike
2008 ST 1300
Great video. I especially liked the part about the following distance. Drives me nuts when I see some of these squids riding right on the bumper of the car in front of them. Evidently, they don't realize that if that cager sees a squirrel and hits his brakes (I've had to dodge three of them in the last couple of days), the squid is toast (i.e. - the squid *is* the "crumple zone").

--FA

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
There's the "good" Crash and the "bad" Crash and this is one of those times where both are in the same place....
LOL. So is it two different bikes, or the same bike? :)

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I tend to ride more in the right side of the lane on the highway if I'm in the passing lane. That way the car next to me can see me if they look in their mirror.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
These are great vidoes, thank you, great reminders.
I am always changing my position depending on where and what I'm around.
(but mostly to get that visibilty and to be more visible)
I try to stay completely out of the center, but sometimes, rarely, you have to get in there.
I mostly stay in the left side, unless I have oncoming traffic, I will temporarily scoot over to the right.
I will generally stay, sometimes move, in the left or right if I am riding with someone else ( I usually lead )

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Super Job Crash!!! Love all the vids. I am a GWRRA Chapter Educator for IL-DK and have incorporated your stuff into my monthly Chapter meetings.
Thanks for the GREAT tools you gave us all to use.

Bike
2009 ST1300ABS
Thanks for this video - a timely reminder for the mid-life crisis, born-again biker in me.

Top Bottom