Learnt sumpin tday :)

I did not know that the fjr's had electronic shift back from 06 to 09! I mentioned to my mech that if I had the 30k I'd be lookin hard at the dct wing (reumatoid arthritis taking its toll on the mitts and trying to stay in the saddle as long as I can bear it). The arthritis is what forced me to sell my baby (VTX1800N) last year and go to this ergo better ride in the first place.

I may actually look into finding one of these if they are actually worth the hunt.

So my question is, can someone who has ridden both st and fjr (not necessarily the ae version) chime in and give me the pros and cons that y'alll found about each? I know there's likely gonna be a real ST bias here but try hard otayyyyyy?! LMAO

Thanks in advance :)
Rob

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I've ridden my buddies '15 FJR a few times. Not as much wind protection and you lean forward more on the FJR. To me it feels like you ride "on" the FJR while you are more "in" the ST. The power and performance are great on the FJR but I think I will just upgrade my suspension and keep my ST.

Bike
st1300 vfr800
I really like the FJR ,lots of motor and rides well .I just cannot justify spending $ to upgrade yet . They are just as nice as the St but have a bit more motor which might lead to performance awards .

Top Bottom