Led replacement for indicators on top of dash

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Hey all I have not run into many issues till now. I just replaced windshield motor and broke my leds I mounted on top of dash so they would reflect in windshield. Anyone know where I can get these? I have been searching for these and thought someone on this forum put the tech and link to leds with leads attached.
Thanks in advance. I’ll keep looking.
Paul.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Do you have a photo? I've never seen LED's in the dash to reflect in the windscreen.

Assuming they are just regular 12v LED's mounted thru the dash you should be able to find ones many places. You'd want ones about the same size I'd imagine to properly fit in the holes you have drilled. If it's something stick on perhaps if we see it can we can help you find a place to buy replacements.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

OP
OP
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Reactions: Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
So for those of you who checked out the linked post, you likely found that link on it to page with the LED's is no more.

Fear not, for the sleuthing power of the internet lives on and well, here's the page :)

I doubt the part numbers or prices are valid now 14 years later....

I'm guessing you want something like these then...

Oops, don't buy these exact ones as they are 3.5v not 12v models!

Whatever you get just ensure it comes with a bezel and is at least the diameter of your existing holes.

If it was me and just one died I'd replace both, just so the LED's are visually the same.

Attachments

Last edited:

mjc506

Matt
Bike
ST1300A2, CRF250L
beware! Those don't take 12V (well, they will, but then they lose their magic smoke...) You'll either need to add an appropriate resistor, or just grab a ready made 12V LED (the Bay of E has plenty, search "5mm 12V led" and look for a bezel too if you like)

Reactions: Obo

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
One other idea that I use on both STs is this:

I run them just inside the mirror housing and they easily connect to the existing wiring of the indicator. It’s not possible to not see these and even better, the person behind you can see them as well.

These are old pics using older strips. The Oznium have more LEDs per strip and can be cut to size. They are self adhesive (but I used a little Gorilla Glue as well, just a couple or small drops as needed)

if you want to see a video, PM your email and I can send a quick video to you with them in action.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
One other idea that I use on both STs is this:

I run them just inside the mirror housing and they easily connect to the existing wiring of the indicator. It’s not possible to not see these and even better, the person behind you can see them as well.

These are old pics using older strips. The Oznium have more LEDs per strip and can be cut to size. They are self adhesive (but I used a little Gorilla Glue as well, just a couple or small drops as needed)

if you want to see a video, PM your email and I can send a quick video to you with them in action.
This is what I've done also. I've been told they are really visible when I use my turn signals, but my real reason for installing them was to serve as a reminder to turn the signal off. They work very well for that too.

I actually had added top-of-dash LEDs to serve as a reminder, but I forgot to reconnect them the last time I did some electrical work. I don't miss them since the side emitting LEDs work so well.

Top Bottom