Leg for Kickstand

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Not to self. 750lb motorcycles need the kickstand put down before you lean the bike over to sit on it.
Was talking to one of my friends about brake lights last night and he asked me to take a look at his LED set up to see if it stopped blinking after a short time. I had started my bike to leave an put up the kickstand, but forgot that I had. So I leaned the bike over to rest it on the kickstand. Once it was over center I realized there was nothing to catch it and that my leg was the only lean point for it.
It's hard to get to work with a bum leg when all you have to drive is a Subaru 5 speed and a motorcycle.
Thanks Mikey and that stranger at the coffee shop for lifting the bike back off my leg so I could go check that brake light. No damage as far as I can tell except I bumped a piece of tupperware on Mikey's bike and dinged it. Time to order a 03 silver inspection plate.
:hurt1:

STBernard

BlewBayou
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
WE all do it! Just last week, I backed out of the garage, between 2 of my cars in the driveway. Looked down, at the side stand, then let it lean. Only to realize all too soon that it should have stopped leaning by now. I managed to muscle it back up before it hit the ground, and deploy the sidestand. What I SAW when I looked down was the extension you engage your boot on, not the actual side stand being deployed. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I managed to "save" it in the very same place in my driveway. The lighting is not good, and it is real crowded down there between the tip over wings, boots, footpegs and all.

Top Bottom