Lithium battery?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Quite a few here are, and have used them. I tried a Shorai and went back to AGM lead acid when I sold my ST. Advantages: lower weight, faster acceleration, easier to pick up the bike after a tip over, possible longer life, slightly higher voltage = faster cranking. Disadvantages: more expensive than lead acid, some cold weather issues, some require a special charger, some older chargers with an anti sulfation cycle can damage the battery, full discharge can damage battery.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Antigravity in my 07 ST1300 that is almost 10 years old now with over 267,000 miles on the bike. I have never had any cold weather problems and the lowest temperature I have been in with it was 2 degrees.

Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
The NOCO Lithium NLP14 is only a 4 Amp battery. That is 48 Watts total capacity, the battery in my iPad is 38 watts. For comparison, the useable power in a SLA/AGM battery in group 14 has 108 watts of useable power and they cost $40 bucks.

Bike
VStrom 650
No, but I wonder why I would want to move away from the standard fitment on any bike. My Yuasa's seem to go on forever. The "B" is on its original, so that's 7 riding seasons and 6 winter lay ups by myself and previous owners and it's still fine. The bike was also little used when I bought it last April with only 4500 miles on the clock.
I'm still wondering.
Upt.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
There's a lot to be learned here just by reading posts.

I'm not a big poster either, but I will when I feel I can contribute... it doesn't happen as often as I wish it would.
Kinda hard to post anything new/useful given so many experienced ST folk here. August will mark nine years on ST's. Refurbished my first, a 20 year garage queen, which was made a log easier with comments and posts from this board. So, I consider everyone's comments on most anything.

Top Bottom