Locating carb vacuum for ACC 1990 model need help

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I'm trying to get a vacuum connection from my carbs so I can install my Cruise control. My bike doesn't seem to have the same plumbing as other models. (I'm hooking up the audiovox cruise control with a vacuum canister)
This photo shows the lack of plumbing
photo 3.jpg
I can't find the hose that connects from carb#2-#4 because I think my bike doesn't have the pair system.
photo 2.jpg
What I do have is extensions from each carb for balancing.
photo 5.jpg
Would that be a viable option to "T" into one of those extensions, to feed the vacuum I need for my cruise to operate. or is there a better connection?
Thanks
Robert

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Yes, Robert, any of the four intake manifold vacuum port hose extensions used to synch the carbs can be used as the vacuum source for the cruise control.

John

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Yes, Robert, any of the four intake manifold vacuum port hose extensions used to synch the carbs can be used as the vacuum source for the cruise control.

John
i knew you would have an answer. I thank you very much. My next task is to deal with the bellcrank.
cheers.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Thanks for the link John. I have that bookmarked, and it has been a wealth of info on my install. I'm currently having an electrical issue, as it doesn't appear to have power. None of the Led's are lighting up. I have checked my connections for continuity,they seem fine. I will check for proper ground and insure the multi pin connectors are properly connected. One step at a time.

Top Bottom