Locking the RIGHT fairing pocket?

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Hi All,

Has anyone ever gone to the trouble of coming up with a lock for the RIGHT fairing pocket? I want to put an MP3 player in there with an FM transmitter and an RF remote module so that I can just lock it and keep it there.

I'll insulate the pocket to keep some of the heat out and protect everything but I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for locking it.

Thanks,
Curt

CruisingDog

CRZNDOG
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
What's wrong with the Left one ? I have my power outlet in the left one and then keep my gadgets in there.

Do you have a radio in the Left Pocket ?

STArnie13

R.I.P. - 2020/07/03
Rest In Peace
I haven't heard of anyone trying to do that. I think it should be fairly simple.
It seems like all it would take is putting a hole in the lid for the lock and some kind of bracket for the lock to hold on to. I am thinking you might be able to get a lock from Honda so that it would match to one on the left side. If you took it to a locksmith they can probably fix it to use your current key. :03biker:

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
STArnie13 said:
I haven't heard of anyone trying to do that. I think it should be fairly simple.
It seems like all it would take is putting a hole in the lid for the lock and some kind of bracket for the lock to hold on to. I am thinking you might be able to get a lock from Honda so that it would match to one on the left side. If you took it to a locksmith they can probably fix it to use your current key. :03biker:
I think you might be right. I looked at it last night and discounted that idea but if I can get the same lock I can probably mount a piece of metal in the pocket to get it to latch.

Thanks. Getting the key to work in it might be another challenge.

I don't have a power outlet in my left fairing pocket but I could add on. That would require taking the plastic off again for the fourth time in 3 months. I will probably do that but having both fairing pockets lock would be nice anyway. I made a small key with a knob on it to put in the lock so I could still easily open it when moving.

Curt

Top Bottom