Lost a friend today-Marcus Kiser

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
First, let me say that if this is the wrong forum to post this that I apologize and ask the mods to move it. Second I also apologize for being the bearer of bad news. However, I need a place for venting a little right now. So, thanks in advance.

I'm at work and a coworker came in to inform me that a another coworker's husband had been killed on his bike today. He was an excellent father, husband and a good friend. His name is Marcus Kiser. They had been on vacation this week and he was returning home. He took the bike and fortunately his wife and son were in a seperate vehicle. I don't know a lot of details at this time. He had limited experience as he had a Suzuki 800 Intruder for a couple of years and had jsut bought a new Suzuki M109. As I learn details of the accident I will post them. I mostly just want to request prayers for his wife and their 6 month old son. Her name is Bobbie Jo Kiser. Marcus also has another son from a previous marriage that is around 12 years old. Keep them in your prayers.

Now I have to face going out to the parking lot and mounting the ST for the ride home from work. Then I have to tell my wife. Not looking forward to either at the moment.

Thanks.

Godspeed Marcus

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sorry to hear this. Prayers out to family and friends...

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Thoughts and prayers for the Kiser family. Sorry for your loss. Been way to many lately. Lets all try to be a little more careful.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Very sorry to hear this, prayers to the family. Just lost a new friend on his bike here not long ago, and I have another that has been in ICU the past couple of weeks still trying to recover. Thoughts and prayers are with you as you ride

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Terrible news. Always sad to hear. I'll think and pray for him and those who survive him.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Keep your focus for the ride home.
Too many. Too many in the last week. :(
Prayers on the way.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
:pray1: for all that knew him and now are struggling to deal with it. This has not been a good year! We've lost too many!

As st1300r said, keep focused on your ride home!

OP
OP
cworley5150

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. I'll let the family know they have some fantastic folks supporting them and thinking about them.

It seems that this accident was pretty much unavoidable. At least on Marcus' part. It concerned me that he never really wore proper gear. I don't know that in this situation that it would have helped much anyway. Maybe. You can read about it here.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=10562495

I did ride a little more aware yesterday going home and this morning coming back in to work. Trying to tell myself to keep focused but stay relaxed at the same time. This is the first person that I would call a friend that has been lost due to a bike accident. I've known a couple of others, but not really been friends.

Thanks again for the prayers for the family and giving me a place to voice my thoughts and concerns. There are a bunch of great people here. I hope to meet some of you at the Blueridge gathering this fall.

Chris

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Terrible. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

As okckeith stated above, we've all got to be vigilant, to every degree possible expecting the unexpected.

Steve

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Chris,

Sorry for your loss. Maggie and I will keep the family and friends in our thoughts and prayers.

John

Top Bottom