Love my tip over bars

Bike
07 ST 1300 A
I did not back the bike out the usual way of turning it in the garage and coming out front first because I had tools and wires in the way. I figured I would just kind of snake it our backwards. But it was too close to the edge of the doorway and I had to tilt it a little to the right for the mirror to clear. Hmmm. The mirror was now between the edge of the door and the track for the garage door, I could not go forward or backward. So, I tilted it a little further, past my comfort zone, and it was barely enough to clear but I could not lift my right foot to step backwards while leaning the bike. I could not go forward for the same reason because I had already cleared the garage door track. I was losing a losing battle with gravity and a high sitting heavy bike.
ST taking a nap.png

OP
OP
Trussellcma
Bike
07 ST 1300 A
I got those rear crash bars on this site. I think from Red Dirt Cowboy. My bike has been down 3 times and these things have proven themselves on both sides. Saddlebags are untouched. An unexpected side benefit is that the crashbars provide an excellent place for me to set my half gallon bottle of ice water on the passenger peg and strap it to the crashbar. The bend in the crashbar helps to craddle the water bottle. I run a long section of icemaker tubing and I can get some cold icewater while I am riding on a hot day.

Bike
2009 ST1300
Most motorcycles, maybe all motorcycles that I have riden I can feel become gradually heavier as I lean them over, not this one, moving it around, backing it down the steep pebbled loose driveway, all foot off peg maneuvers, priority one [for me] to is keep it perpendicular to gravity; once it goes it's gone.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Did you get out your wash bucket and pressure washer? Optimum time to access those hard to reach spots. ;)

But seriously. This never makes for a good day. Sorry this happened to you.

As I'm reading your account it seemed scarily familiar, as I have no choice but to back out of my garage. And with my 1100 to the right and the WeeStrom to the left, leaving room between the it and the 1300 for a passage, I too perform a daily tilt-and-turn maneuver to sneak past the 1100's mirror. I know to make sure my left foot is solidly planted as I lean the 1300 that way as I back it out.

OP
OP
Trussellcma
Bike
07 ST 1300 A
Did you get out your wash bucket and pressure washer? Optimum time to access those hard to reach spots. ;)

But seriously. This never makes for a good day. Sorry this happened to you.

As I'm reading your account it seemed scarily familiar, as I have no choice but to back out of my garage. And with my 1100 to the right and the WeeStrom to the left, leaving room between the it and the 1300 for a passage, I too perform a daily tilt-and-turn maneuver to sneak past the 1100's mirror. I know to make sure my left foot is solidly planted as I lean the 1300 that way as I back it out.
i wish i had your problem, two other bikes to maneuver around sounds nice

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
i wish i had your problem, two other bikes to maneuver around sounds nice
That's only because the CB400F SuperSport is deeper in the garage... Albeit in a greater state of disassembly.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

Top Bottom