Low temperature problem

I bought my bike three years ago for ST1300 year 2004 model.

Right After i bought my bike, there was hot temperature problem and fix it by replacing Thermostat at that time.

From early this year, my bike back into the temperature problem but this time the symptom is apposite. Current problem is low temperature problem.

Symptom 1. It take more time became to level 3 of temperature status compared then the previous time.
Symptom 2. Temperature fluctuated from 3 => 2 => 3 => 1 =2 => 0 like this. mostly when i ride fast like 100 Km/hours at the outside of city but this symptom also
happened even if i was in the stuffed city and very low speed.
Symptom 3. It is not sure but it looks that right side of the cooling fan running so fast compared then left side of the fan.

Action taken 1. Replaced Thermostat and check the status of old thermostat at the service center : This was not a cause of the problem
Action taken 2. Replaced ECT Sensor at the service center : This was not a cause of the problem
Action take 3. Cleaning related cable and connector area. : This was not a cause of the problem

I have big concern how i can solve this problem.

Do i need to trying to replace cooling fan or related cable from ECT Sensor to Display unit?

It will be helpful for me if someone give some idea for this kind of problem

Bike
2006 ST1300
There is a good chance that you have a ground problem- There is a large connector for grounds right behind the headlight area, which can get corroded, might be worth checking that!

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
He is saying that your temperature gauge may not be reading correctly, and that the coolant temperature may be normal.

OP
OP
There is a good chance that you have a ground problem- There is a large connector for grounds right behind the headlight area, which can get corroded, might be worth checking that!
Thanks for your comment. I forwarded your message to technical engineer that under repairing my bike but he told me that he already check the ground you mentioned.

He told me that he will check the resister value for each related cable and will replace them in case it has high resister value etc.

Top Bottom