Madco Cam-Lock

Bike
2006 Black ST13
Is anyone out there using a Madco Cam-Lock Throttle lock? I am interested in getting it, but there is so little information online. Even the pictures on the Madco website are poor (http://www.madcorider.com/cam-lock_Sport.html). I like the concept of the Brakeaway--especially the brake cancelling the lock--but I ride year round and am going to the desert (100+ F) this summer. I am afraid that the temperature variations in my riding will render the Brakeaway useless (as documented elsewhere online). I have also read somewhere that rain can cause problems with the Brakeaway. --Mike in Southern Oregon.

OP
OP
mgilles0
Bike
2006 Black ST13
Well, I ordered one of these and sadly it did not work on my bike. Bill the owner is very nice. He is giving me a full refund. The device seems well made but the hand grip extender did not fit on my bike. I guess I could have shortened the new BMW grip ordered, but I did not want to do that. Oh well...on to something else. I guess its back to considering Brake Away or ThrottleMeister.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks for posting about it... what part of the bmw grip was the problem, the end or the side close to the bike?

Top Bottom