Article Maintenance Items Needed for a New (old) Bike

Bike
2010 ST1300
This article is the result of collaboration by Andrew Shadow, CYYJ, jfheath, Max Pete, SMSW, and SupraSabre. Igofar’s list was copied from the first link listed above.

Click on the attached file. This one is V.11; in the future, any changes will be noted in the title on the first page as the version number. Feel free to PM me if you think something shoud be added.
V.12 - 9/22/21; V.13 - 12/14/21

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Oh wow !

Very good idea to summarize all that to create a maintenance priority guideline document. The included links pointing to various forum thread to go deeper are also a good plus.

Thanks to all contributor for your time and efforts.

I will print it, study it religiously and keep it with my Bible.
My maintenance bible, that is. ;)

Last edited:
This article is the result of collaboration by Andrew Shadow, CYYJ, jfheath, Max Pete, SMSW, and SupraSabre. Igofar’s list was copied from the first link listed above.

Click on the attached file.
Wery nice stuff. Thanks yet again.

Click on the attached file.
Great information! Thanks! Always good to know what to look for down the road. Mine wasn't neglected too much, but it did sit quite a bit and when it was rode it was obvious tire pressures weren't a concern.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
Peter;
Hmm...is there a reason I can't see the link?
You haven't been emailed the secret password would be my guess.
I no longer see the attachment in post #1. It is no longer there.
I'm sorry guys, @Andrew made some changes/additions to the file and I deleted the old file and uploaded the new file. However, in doing so, I managed to botch the job. It should be there now (Jun 11, '21, 10:40 AM).

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
I have to thank my collaborators. As I read some of the newer threads of problems guys are having with old bikes, and check this Article to add a maintenance procedure, I repeatedly find that one of us has included said 'addition' from the get go.

Click on the attached file. This one is V.11; in the future, any changes will be noted in the title on the first page as the version number.
V.12 - 9/22/21
Thanks Andrew Shadow, CYYJ, jfheath, Max Pete, SMSW, and SupraSabre. Igofar’s for putting this together!

Click on the attached file. This one is V.11; in the future, any changes will be noted in the title on the first page as the version number.
V.12 - 9/22/21
That's very helpful. Thank you.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Good information. I think the hose was seeping a bit before I lifted the tank. There was a faint smell of gas in the garage. I have a 1997 Valkyrie as well that's been overhauled along with a 2000 Millenium LE Road Star.

Top Bottom