Highway Blades - Full Kits! 1100/1300/1300P

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Certainly open to engineering a set for the 1100 - had larry offered an 1100 version? If so and anyone has a set they would be willing to send my way for review - happy to work out details and reimbursement!
Dylan, I would be happy to take my brackets and blades off of my ST1100 and ship them to you.

Note that my right blade is bent, so I rotated the bracket. Please do not duplicate the bend. ;)

My concern is getting them, or a new set, back before my eclipse trip on April 7th through 9th.

If you are sure you can work and ship before then, I will take them off today and pack them up.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I just emailed Dylan. Mentioned I'd come to terms with never finding a pair of these, as they're discontinued.
What are best practices for trimming the black plastic tipover covers? The pics I've seen look really clean and sano, but it would be easy enough to butcher the crap out of them, with trial and error.
Thanks!
(And here I was, thinking I'm done farkling my ST. Never say never, right?)

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Well.. there is a solution...
True! I always have a hard time doing modifications that I can't reverse. Worst case I could buy the standard ST1300A bars and swap them out.

Ryan - I am going to work on finding an ST-P crashbar so I can make a mount that will be compatible. If anyone has one (just the Bar) I would be interested in buying it ! I am heading to the honda parts fiche right now to see if they are still available new haha. Stay tuned!
Hi Dylan,
You might check with @aniwack if he has an extra one. The only ones I have are on my bike.

They are available new from what I can tell (item 22 and 23). You can also source used on eBay, but looks like shipping is expensive.1708450949584.png

Thank you for your research! I can't speak for all the other "P" owners, but as indicated above - I could make a normal set of mounts work if that were the only option.

Ryan

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
True! I always have a hard time doing modifications that I can't reverse. Worst case I could buy the standard ST1300A bars and swap them out.
Ah... you're using sirens currently? LOL.. given you're in N TX, they might come in handy.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Certainly open to engineering a set for the 1100 - had larry offered an 1100 version? If so and anyone has a set they would be willing to send my way for review - happy to work out details and reimbursement!
So you have not gotten your hands on a 1100 version? Can't help you with that but I could maybe send you the crash bars.

OP
OP
slipclutchms

slipclutchms

Vendor
Busy morning here! Afternoon updates!

- Ordered a few OEM honda parts! I have a few sets of LH and RH plastic top over bar covers coming to work on the cut out, ST-P Crashbar for modeling (thanks Ryan for pulling that P/N) ordered a regular ST crashbar for good measure as well so I am modeling off a brand new part.

- Hit up Ebay and found some good stuff, including an MCL Passenger drop bracket! so that will be great to model (was this the same 1100 and 1300?) Also scored LH and RH Peg mount plates (the rather large cast aluminum parts) It seems listings for those change P/N after 2009, so I found a set for an 03, and also a set for a 2010 to compare.

I am not sure how feasible (from a cost perspective) it would be to remake the entire footpeg mount plate but it would be sweet to offer custom peg locations for both passenger and rider positions - with the added benefit of being a nicer/stronger part. Anyways, going to explore it a bit ! Will keep the group posted!

So you have not gotten your hands on a 1100 version? Can't help you with that but I could maybe send you the crash bars.
Chatting with Larry F and should be all set on the 1100 version!

Lots of cool parts to design and make! Thank you everyone!

Best,
Dylan

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Stock GW pegs drop you an inch.
Possibly my 2007 ST is unique in some way, but . . . replacing the OEM footpegs yesterday with the GW pegs resulted in no change in height.

FWIW,
Shuey

:)doh1: Edit: Corrected "GL" to "GW". Thanks Willsmotorcycle!)

Last edited:

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
Hi Dylan,
You might check with @aniwack if he has an extra one. The only ones I have are on my bike.
They are available new from what I can tell (item 22 and 23). You can also source used on eBay, but looks like shipping is expensive.
Thank you for your research! I can't speak for all the other "P" owners, but as indicated above - I could make a normal set of mounts work if that were the only option.
Ryan
I've got crashed ones, no new ones.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Actually, I believe the attraction of GW pegs is their larger surface area.
I think generally the main attraction was lowering the footpegs between .75" and 1". The wider peg was a perk. I carefully measured the top of the footpeg pad to the floor and the delta was 1". Most said their delta was 3/4". Some said it was .75" delta. :)

I felt a relief in hip annoyance. Some riders said they didn't notice any. I don't recall what the delta was for the MCL non-adjustable footpeg brackets - 3/4"?

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
What years or generation GW are you referring to?
I don’t remember, but I think most. There is a discussion here.

Top Bottom