Highway Blades - Full Kits! 1100/1300/1300P

OP
OP
slipclutchms

slipclutchms

Vendor
Exciting stuff is happening! I received a box of new honda parts to play with and made a quick fixture to hold the crash bars. I have one side for a P and one regular to help with R&D.

I think the "P" Version will be easier to make actually haha. Anyways - moving along with design of the mounts! I am excited to get these released!

Best,
Dylan

Attachments

Bike
2012 Honda ST1300A
I just emailed Dylan. Mentioned I'd come to terms with never finding a pair of these, as they're discontinued.
What are best practices for trimming the black plastic tipover covers? The pics I've seen look really clean and sano, but it would be easy enough to butcher the crap out of them, with trial and error.
Thanks!
(And here I was, thinking I'm done farkling my ST. Never say never, right?)
Trimming plastic like the covers is best done with a carbide router and a steel jig which fits on top of the cover as a guide. A steel router guide runs along the jig to guide and the router bit sticks out just below the jig to cut the plastic. I used to make these for trimming various custom molded plastic parts. Cuts like butter and gives a nice clean cut. Not expensive to make set up.

Bike
2005 ST-1300
I got mine last night, I am very please with them.

Now I just have to decide which st1300 to keep and put everything on.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Dylan, @slipclutchms , that is awesome.

I'm interested too for a full set ( mounting and pegs ) as my ST1100 never had a set before.

I'm from Canada, and whatever cost the shipping... that is not an issue.

And also... riding season only start in may here.... so, we still have time. ; -)

I'll send you an email later on today or tomorow.

Thanks.

Chris

Hello Everyone!

Quick introduction - My name is Dylan Spink, I am a motorcycle and machine tool addict. I have long been designing and making parts, mostly for my own addiction to long distance motorcycling. I rode an ST in a Butt Lite Rally, and rode the 17 and 19 IBRs on old Hondas. Professionally I am a Mechanical and Manufacturing Automation Engineer in the med device industry.

Currently I run my Engineering / CNC shop nights and weekends. I plan to offer a small catalog of awesome parts, and the first thing hot off the mill are these replacement MCL wings!

I reverse engineered a GEN 1 version, and suspect these will also fit GEN 2 mounts. I have a set off to a friend to confirm fitment and will update this post once I know for sure.

We are working on a website and hope to launch in the coming weeks. For now though, I have wings ready to ship and wanted to extend a first batch' discount to all ST-Owners forum members.

$100 per set which includes shipping (USPS) to anywhere USA. This includes all new hardware, everything seen in the picture (LH and RH wings, laser cut SS detent plates, detent balls, mounting bolts / washers / nuts etc.) Those with keen eyes will see the detent spring is missing - I had to source a custom spring to get the correct spring rate, and I do not have an ETA yet. Once they arrive I will start kitting those as well.

Happy to separate LH and RH sides as well, $50 per side.

I can accept Paypal and Venmo, if you would like to order please shoot me an email @ slipclutchms@gmail.com and I will get you taken care of!

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out - email is quickest but certainly will be checking back here as well. I welcome any feedback or ideas / suggestions for other parts as well!

Best,
Dylan Spink
Dylan, I am interested in the complete set for my ST1300 (blades and mounts). Please add me to your list. Thanks for taking this on!!

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
Hello , do you make (complete) highway blades setts for ST1100 ?

Please also put me down for a complete set for the St1300 I know you included the shipping but I'm UK based so happy to pay whatever it costs to ship them once I get them and post them on the UK group I think you will be getting another load of orders.

OP
OP
slipclutchms

slipclutchms

Vendor
Hello! Sorry for the long time since last post! The great news is that I am making steady progress on all fronts - member Larry F graciously sent his 1100 setup to me for modeling... I also scored a set of 1100 crash bars for further modeling and refinement of the blade mount design. The bottom clamp assembly is a bit unique to the 1100 because clearance is tight compared to the 1300. However; after designing the 1100 setup I am thinking about using the 1100 clamp design on the 1300 standard version. So a little more work to do on that.

The Police version is all set - at least for the LH side for sure! haha. Attaching a pic - I am utilizing the stock "P" m6 threaded mounts on the crash guards, but I only currently have a LH bar. I did just order a RH bar to verify (assuming the RH is just mirrored, but I sure would be feel better knowing for sure...) So If anyone with a police version could verify that the bolt pattern is in fact mirrored, that would be great! Ronnies mail order should deliver the RH police bar to me at some point next week regardless, but still would be nice to confirm prior to that :)

Thank you everyone for the patience! As always any questions / comments / suggestions / etc. feel free to reach out!

Hello , do you make (complete) highway blades setts for ST1100 ?
Indeed working on it! Will add you to the list :)

Talk soon everyone!
Dylan

Attachments

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I would be interested in the 100 version Dylan.
Just a heads up, which you likely already know. There are differences between the years for the 1100. I have a '99 and a '91. The right side, I think from the 91 (I kind of mixed and matched a bit) has a different 'undercarriage'. A smaller gauge tube that sort of sticks out to accommodate a lock. I think the horizontal sections (mounting surfaces) are all the same?

The PSR mount is a lot smaller that might be a good style to consider if it reduces the cost for you. Where the blade hits the stop when open it could instead be a bolt this would allow people to move the bolt to adjust the angle of the blade as all legs are different

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
The PSR mount is a lot smaller that might be a good style to consider if it reduces the cost for you. Where the blade hits the stop when open it could instead be a bolt this would allow people to move the bolt to adjust the angle of the blade as all legs are different
I suggested that to him. It could be as simple as a set-screw in a drilled-and-tapped hole in the stop.

OP
OP
slipclutchms

slipclutchms

Vendor
Updated the first post of this thread but also wanted to add it here for reference:

Everyone that has reached out about various kits - I am going to start working thru that list today; keep an eye out for a PM or email depending on the original form of communication! Thanks!! Dylan

Update Alert!

Still working thru some website improvements but it is time to let it fly! If you navigate to the top of the page over the products drop down, you will see a section for the ST :)

I have several 1100 and 1300 standards ready to ship and the 1300Ps should be ready by Wednesday!

https://TransAlpADV.com/

Please use code 'stowners' at checkout for 10% off your order !

Thanks everyone!
Best,
Dylan Spink

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Cool! Thank you Dylan, my order is in.

Just out of curiosity, will there be cut out templates for the plastic covers? Or would you consider adding pre-cut covers eventually to your items for sale?

Thanks again!
Ryan

Top Bottom