Mexico?

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Headed back out west in a week or so. Thinking about trying an interactive ride with the forum around MT, ID, WY, UT... I pick a spot, you pick a route so I don't miss the best must sees. We will see how that transpires.

Back to Mexico, has anyone just dropped across the border along I10 in Texas, road a bit south, then jump back across? I'm thinking
Puente Internacional Tornillo-Guadalupe to
Fort Hancock

Just because, no other reason.

Usually, the border crossings happen the other way : )

I've never been far enough to west Texas where it's a quick jaunt into Mexico from I-10.

I've only crossed over into Mexico via deep south Texas (riding 77), such as Brownsville and McAllen

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
translated literally that's the International Screw Bridge, so you're probably going to get screwed. JK, but on the radio this AM they were quoting 3-4 hour waits at the border crossings in San Diego, so it seems like they're a bit slower than normal to cross these days. May be different in TX though.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I cross the San Diego border about once a month. A three hour wait is common to get back into the US - in a car. On a motorcycle, you just lanesplit right up to the front.
I know that's common at San Ysidro, but if I heard it right Otay was a similar wait today, and I thought that Otay was usually less than an hour. Has Otay caught up to San Ysidro in traffic these days?

Top Bottom