Michelin Pilot Road 3 wet performance review

Bike
Vstrom 650
I think the T30 is a great tyre for the ST1100, if I had an St1300 there are so many more options,but the PR4 GT or T30 GT would be top of my list for a 1300.

Bike
2002 st1100
My "go to guy" also recommended I stay with factory spec tire sizes. That said I want to go with a radial tire. So far Dunlap road smart, Avon storm 2's, are getting good reviews although if memory serves me Avon's are pricey? It's winter here in Michigan ...I have time. What I will say is I bought a New Lazer carbon fiber helmet from Revzilla on sale for $299.00 down from 500.00 and it is Awesome. Super light weight, modular and looks good too.
How do I post a picture of my bike here?....Thanks for all your help and comments

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
My "go to guy" also recommended I stay with factory spec tire sizes. That said I want to go with a radial tire. So far Dunlap road smart, Avon storm 2's, are getting good reviews although if memory serves me Avon's are pricey? It's winter here in Michigan ...I have time. What I will say is I bought a New Lazer carbon fiber helmet from Revzilla on sale for $299.00 down from 500.00 and it is Awesome. Super light weight, modular and looks good too.
How do I post a picture of my bike here?....Thanks for all your help and comments
Stay away from Avon tires, do a search here and you will find lots of problems with them on any ST.

I use the mich pr4 and really like it. I rode yesterday during the heavy part of the storm in the bay area down hwy 101. Lots of flooded parts and several cars spun out facing the wrong direction and I had no issues at speed. Went through water that hit both my feet on the pegs when the front tire cut through and the bike was steady. If my gloves weren't soaked and water wasn't leaking inside my shoei helmet and down in to my collar I wouldn't have been affected at all. My only complaint is I couldnt drive under 65 mph or my face shield would fog up even with the visor cracked.

Top Bottom