Michelin PILOT ROADS !

I have not ridden in 3 week's . My front is slick and im tired of waiting on Michelin . Any suggestions . I ride 365 days a year in all weather and i live in the mountins and i ride fast . Any recomendations on which tire. Putting gas in the truck is killing me.:)

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Avon Storms are an excellent first choice, Metzeler Z6 as well. I wager that if you ride the Avons you won't go back to Pilot Roads.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I had pilots and am now on Avon Storms. I think I will be putting another set of storms on for the next change.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
+1 on the STorms. SWMOTOTIRES.COM can get 'em to you fast and have good prices. Also, just noticed that parts411.com has a good prices on the storms as well.

I can't speak for the Avons, but I recently bought the Pilots from Dave for $229 for the pair, shipped. Not only is this about the cheapest you can spend on a couple of tires, it was a significant upgrade from the stock tires. If the price is right on the next go around, I might try the Avons.

Texas

OP
OP
ifly
white pan man ( Nah, ya ain't movin' )
DONATE $20 DOLLARS TO THE SITE IN MY NAME AND ILL POST THEM ALL IN SEQUEINCE TO SHOW YOU AS SOON AS I RETREIVE THEM FROM MY OTHER HARD DRIVE !:D

STOC #
wheelers down at the deals gap doesn't have a front in stock. He often does. If your desperate his prices aren;t that out of line. He used to mount for 35 bucks might be worth a ride over.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Storms are running $250 shipped from either SWMOTO or parts411.

BTW, click on the picture to see the "is it staged?" thread regarding it.

So, let's see the sequence!
:bigpop:

Last edited:

jdpfms

JD Power
Bike
ST1300A&FJR1300
I have not ridden in 3 week's . My front is slick and im tired of waiting on Michelin . Any suggestions . I ride 365 days a year in all weather and i live in the mountins and i ride fast . Any recomendations on which tire. Putting gas in the truck is killing me.:)
I got a set of Pilot Road 2s just a few days ago from SW Mototire. These puppies are expensive so they sure better do better than the BT021s that I just had. I like the 021 but wanted to give these PR2s a try. Give them a call maybe.

JDP

OP
OP
ifly
Get to ride to work today . Hope the Z6 is up to the task.31degrees and clear . Thanks for the help. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:D

You Storm owners, has anyone wore out one yet and what was the mileage. I've only managed to get 8k out of the Bridgestones both times, I just don't want to loose mileage, but I do ride 2 up about 80% of the time. If I could get at least that I would be satisfied.

Same question to the Metzeler owners.

Top Bottom