Midsize Triple Adventure Tourer....another hint

TPadden

Tom Padden
I was sentenced to chain drive motorcycles from 1961 to the fall of 1978......I am impressed by that but not enough to go back. Ever.
Dan
Even more horrifying: I was sentenced to California from 1989 to the fall of 1998 but if I drink enough I can occasionally go back for a short visit. Doesn't mean I'm impressed though.

That was Southern California; northern CA is a whole nother discussion ......:)

Tom

Last edited:

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving
"By who's measure"? Mine for one, plus a half dozen others above, and apparently yours too per post #9.
:think1:I don't see anything from that post having anything to do with it. Every bike mentioned in post 9 has a chain, static screen and weighs under 600 Lb!!!

Last edited:
Bike
92 ST1100
I was sentenced to chain drive motorcycles from 1961 to the fall of 1978 when I took delivery of a brand new Yamaha XS1100F. I was freed then and remain free to this day.

This is not to say that modern chain drive motorcycles are not worthy of attention. They are, since chain technology has improved significantly. I am impressed by that but not enough to go back. Ever.

Dan
Excellent point........my bought new 81 XS1100 Venturer(and rarest model BTW) still rolls today on LD rides, and has never required any final drive maintainence..........ever. Can't say that for ANY chain driven bike, no matter what the technology. But, then again, I've only been doing this on the street, competitively in the dirt, etc. for 45+yrs. But, could of missed something along the way :bow1:.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
"Expect the bike to have a full array of touring accessories and comfort/convenience features. I was impressed by the equipment of the revised Super Tenere I rode this year?durable hard luggage, cruise control, comprehensive and intuitive trip computer, all-day saddle?so I hope this Mini Tenere offers a similar array of touring-related features, except in a package that makes almost as much power, a lot less weight and a price tag under $10,000."

BMW and Triumph ABS adventure bikes in this range cost $12K, I don't see how Yamaha can do it for under $10K.

Top Bottom