MidWest Upper Peninsula Michigan 2019

America's Best Value Inn
12956 M-28 Newberry Michigan 49868
(906) 293-4000

July 10 - 14, 2019

Has plenty of space, indoor & outdoor pool, hot tub and the rooms are air-conditioned!

Room rates are Wednesday to Friday are $131/night and Saturday $148. Find a roomie and your stay cuts in half!
You may cancel up to two (2) weeks prior of stay.
Do not wait to make your reservation as rooms go quickly in the Upper Peninsula in the summer.

So whose coming?

OP
OP
BlueThunder
The ride is planned for Wednesday July 10th to Sunday July 14th. Generally, Wednesday is when attendees start arriving, although some arrive Thursday and others on Friday.

One day will be riding in the middle to Eastern UP, another day to the south western (Wisconsin??) and the third day (usually Saturday as the main event) to Copper Harbour. Actual routes will be made as we get closer to the ride and offered as GPX files for download to GPS's.
Suggestions are of course, welcome.

I don't know where camp grounds are but I do know that they are all over the place. So if camping is your thing, by all means come on up!
Check here: http://www.newberrycampground.com/

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
trying to get / afford some work on the house and garage this year so I won't make Georgian bay either, that would cut into the limited funds I am allocating for a birthday ride at the end of july

OP
OP
BlueThunder
Well, this epic ride is just a couple of weeks away. There are only 2 rooms left so if you are thinking of coming, now is the time to act. You will not be disappointed!

Bike
2005 St1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, this epic ride is just a couple of weeks away. There are only 2 rooms left so if you are thinking of coming, now is the time to act. You will not be disappointed!
We spent most of a week in the UP last summer and I promise you it will be worth your time. Beautiful places to see with temperant weather. Can't be beat. Would love to go back, but going to South Dakota and Wyoming and Montana this summer.

Bike
Tiger 800
I agree the UP is a great place to ride. I've been there twice already this summer. Sadly I can't make the event on July 14-15 (prior commitment).
There lS a campground just south of Newberry at the Jct with M28 and another north of town a few miles. Don't try to ride the mapped road from Pine Stump west to Grand Maris - I rode it but it wasn't any fun.

If you get some folks to show up this could be a replacement for YooperSTOC. I hope the bugs and weather are kind to you. I took a group to eastern UP a few years ago and we found out the fog there looks just like the fog in Duluth.

Top Bottom