Mirror glass for the 1100

I need the right glass for my 93 and found some one selling just the glass left and right for the 1100 at $40. each. Standard shipping included. Says he is shipping from Czech Republic. Has any body bought from him?? Any problems?? I would think there would be a place in USA that sells them also. Any suggestions??

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
When I had an 1100 and needed to fix a broken mirror, I just took it to a glass shop and they fit one in.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
When I had an 1100 and needed to fix a broken mirror, I just took it to a glass shop and they fit one in.
The key is the 'original' glass is not flat glass but convex.
The replacement glass I bought on EBAY was a perfect fit and curved properly and you could not tell it was not original.

OP
OP
snowworks
The key is the 'original' glass is not flat glass but convex.
The replacement glass I bought on EBAY was a perfect fit and curved properly and you could not tell it was not original.
Thanks Uncle Phil. That is what I thought also. I wat the convex type. So I will be ordering it through ebay ..

D_W_L

aka, DL-ST95
Bike
ST1100
I purchased a left and right mirror from this company and was very happy with the purchase. The mirrors fit perfectly and appear to be very high quality. I think the delivery took about 4 or 5 weeks and English was a bit of an issue when I emailed a question to them, but that said, I would definitely buy from them again.

AJMeister

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Goldwing DCT
I purchased a left and right mirror from this company and was very happy with the purchase. The mirrors fit perfectly and appear to be very high quality. I think the delivery took about 4 or 5 weeks and English was a bit of an issue when I emailed a question to them, but that said, I would definitely buy from them again.

I ordered from the same company several years ago for my then ST1300. The quality was excellent so I can certainly recommend them. Fun fact, that business is close to my home town Bremen in Germany.

OP
OP
snowworks
I ordered my glass mirror from ebay Czech Republic and got it in 10 days. Very surprised to get it so quick!! eday said near the end of Oct. 4 + weeks or so. Used the hot water to make the plastic soft and put in the mirror glass. Fits like it should!! Just need to get the bike running well to try it out.. I see the suggestions here was from another place in Germany. Both sell other motorcycle glass and other small items. Since Germany and Czech Republic are next to each other. They probably get the mirror from the same place...

Top Bottom