Mirror glass

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I would do everything NOT to sell- bikes may go for a higher price by you, but there’s a chance you may also be holding it for a bit longer (with the typical tire kickers trying to lowball you on the price), then you have to seek out a replacement bike when the time comes, and that’s a new set of variables (how was it maintained, etc.). That changes if you want something different instead of the ST. I’ll only sell mine if I can’t ride any longer or if they‘re too big/ heavy for me in the future. As UP has 11 years on me and rides his all the time, that gives me a lot of hope for the future!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
You will not regret keeping it - trust me!
It's paid for (I presume) and it won't eat much ... ;)
Yea, never told u the story! Had it paid off in 27 days! Worked my butt off! Then i had to learn how to ride it!

I would do everything NOT to sell- bikes may go for a higher price by you, but there’s a chance you may also be holding it for a bit longer (with the typical tire kickers trying to lowball you on the price), then you have to seek out a replacement bike when the time comes, and that’s a new set of variables (how was it maintained, etc.). That changes if you want something different instead of the ST. I’ll only sell mine if I can’t ride any longer or if they‘re too big/ heavy for me in the future. As UP has 11 years on me and rides his all the time, that gives me a lot of hope for the future!
The only thing wrong with it are the mirrors and covers. One is cracked and i can fix it and one is missing pieces. I park it two stories underground in a heated garage. Ive cared for this bike better than anything else i own.

Say it ain’t so double P. I figured all the history you and Red have you’d be impossible to break apart. Ship it if you can’t tow it or ride it. Heck once you move, fly back and ride it out west. But make sure you do it when there is snow in the forecast, like old times.
Funny guy!

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
The only thing wrong with it are the mirrors and covers. One is cracked and i can fix it and one is missing pieces. I park it two stories underground in a heated garage. Ive cared for this bike better than anything else i own.
Look at it this way: if you don't try to sell it, you have time to get the correct mirrors. :thumb:

I also left a section at bottom open to allow moisture to drain. Not so important on STs mirrors but have had mirrors without much room behind them break when water freezes behind them.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Great idea, that gap will b on the bottom of the mirror, so im not too worried about that, and i can goop the back of it pretty good, rubber band it and let it dry for a day ir two. I would imagine the silicone will adhere the parts well, and it also is softer than many glues.
Thank you
So......, how did they come out? What do they look like?

Top Bottom