Missouri trip

STOC #
First part of May taking a ride down to Cartridge Mo to stay in the restored Boots motel. Any must see roads and attractions. Stayed in Cuba Mo last year and toured mostly south and east of there . Like to stay the old restored motels along Route 66 and old bridges and of course any roads with curves and hills is good. Any ideas welcome. Thanks Randy

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
We (wife and I) are headed out to ride the southern part of Missouri in mid to late April. I will be happy to share where I have selected to ride if you would like the GPX files. Since you mentioned hills, when we went to Arkansas in the fall of last year we road US 160. It was during a light rain but it was a fun road with lots of hills with limited visibly, like a roller coaster. Road was in great shape. Se we are going to take it again but hopefully this time without the rain.

If you are interested in ferry ride's this one is on the Missouri Arkansas border.

Last edited:

st1300doug

Buy a awesome Butler Riding Map. (Amazon) You'll love it. Made by & for Motorcyclists.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
From Cuba 19 south to the Arkansas border is a great road! 160 from from Alton to Donophan on 160 is great road! If you take 19 to the Arkansas border and pick up Arkansas 9 at Mammoth Springs, you can take that to 14. 14 will take you to 143 Push Mountain. One of my favorites. Take it to 5 to 62 west to 14 to 125. That will take you to the Ferry. You can just stay on 14 and not ride 143 and takes you to 125. Another very nice ride. 125 to the Ferry and north of 160 is a must do if you get the chance.
All of these roads are very good and some of my favorites. I’m sure there are a lot more there that I don’t know about. But the ones I mentioned are very good! Please be careful.

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
okckeith,

Are the roads you mentioned US roads or state roads (numbers). US 160 vs state highway 160.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I believe all are state roads except for 160. I think it is US 160. Google Alton, Missouri to Doniphan, Missouri. That is a very good ride on 160.
Please be careful riding in Missouri. There are a lot of rolling hills. You don't know if the road goes straight, left or right.

OP
OP
fifthave
STOC #
Thanks all for the input. Have been going to Arkansas twice a year for nearly ten years so have ridden most every good road in the state. Decided to do some route 66 travels staying in some of the old restored hotels along the way, Stayed in Cuba Mo at the Wagon Wheel last year, going to try the Boots Motel in Carthridge this year. I just like visiting the nostalgic places along the backroads. Yes Peel ferry is very neat. also 160 is a favorite lots of good roads in Arkansas.

Top Bottom