Moaning Michelins

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I installed PR 2s about 5000 miles ago and they look great for wear but the front tire moans so load it gives me a headache. I have run Dunlops and Avons and both have moaned but only when they were almost completely wore outand cupped. Any body experienced this with these tires and if so what were your thoughts on this phenomenon?

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I always wear ear plugs or buds. The PRs were like that as well.
PR3 unobtaniums ??? We'll just have to wait and see.

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
I installed PR 2s about 5000 miles ago and they look great for wear but the front tire moans so load it gives me a headache. I have run Dunlops and Avons and both have moaned but only when they were almost completely wore outand cupped. Any body experienced this with these tires and if so what were your thoughts on this phenomenon?
I have about 7200 miles on my PR 2's and yes the rear tire is yelling also but plenty of tread left. Might replace the rear before BlueRidge Gathering. Front tire is really good same miles and no cupping.

Jay

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Same experience without the headache. Since I'm smarter than all the engineers put together it is my belief that the non-traditional tread pattern is not a good idea. I also don't care for a coarse tread pattern on a steer wheel - car, truck, motorcycle, etc. I like the close/small tread pattern best of the Bridgestone 020 or the Dunlop 220 (I don't like the Dunlop tire, just the tread pattern). My next set will be a mix of brands in an attempt to get what I am looking for out of my moto tires.

Bike
ST 1300
Same experience without the headache. Since I'm smarter than all the engineers put together it is my belief that the non-traditional tread pattern is not a good idea. I also don't care for a coarse tread pattern on a steer wheel - car, truck, motorcycle, etc. I like the close/small tread pattern best of the Bridgestone 020 or the Dunlop 220 (I don't like the Dunlop tire, just the tread pattern). My next set will be a mix of brands in an attempt to get what I am looking for out of my moto tires.
Hey Jeff....I hear Pep Boys have some Cordova tires left in your size..just ask for Moe..he'll be glad to help ya..:D:D

Have a wonderful fall season.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
The PR2s are quieter than the original PRs, if you can believe it. Ear plugs do help, but I'm to the point where I don't want to deal with the hum at all.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I just looked at the PR2 front and thought the tread pattern would be noisy, so kept a Z6 on the front of the FJR. PR2 on the back has a few thousand on it, and hums a bit in the corners, not objectionable (yet). I keep the pressure at 44 so less cupping, ergo less noise. It's wearing well.

Top Bottom