Moly Paste

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
I am getting ready to pull my rear wheel and lube the splines on the def. I have not heard good things about Honda's M77 Moly Paste. Is there an alternative available and if so, what is the name and part number of it... Recommendations.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Here is a link to a discussion of this topic (what Moly Paste to use) that contains a lot of opinions and alternatives, you will probably find sufficient information there:

Grease the driveshaft splines?

But... if you are still not sure after reading that post, here's a link to a 17 page long discussion about what Moly Paste to use. By the time you finish reading that thread, either your motorcycle will be obsolete or your driver's licence will have expired:

M77 Replaces Moly 60- Apparently So

Michael

Bike
04 ST1300
I am getting ready to pull my rear wheel and lube the splines on the def. I have not heard good things about Honda's M77 Moly Paste. Is there an alternative available and if so, what is the name and part number of it... Recommendations.
The current replacement M77 is fine. It is recommended by honda. If you cannot find the M60 then go with M77.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Here is a link to a discussion of this topic (what Moly Paste to use) that contains a lot of opinions and alternatives, you will probably find sufficient information there:

Grease the driveshaft splines?

But... if you are still not sure after reading that post, here's a link to a 17 page long discussion about what Moly Paste to use. By the time you finish reading that thread, either your motorcycle will be obsolete or your driver's licence will have expired:

M77 Replaces Moly 60- Apparently So

Michael

If he blazes through that and still has some gumption, he can always do a search for tire and oil opinions. :biggrin:

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
The current replacement M77 is fine. It is recommended by honda. If you cannot find the M60 then go with M77.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but the consensus on this board is that the M77 is not suitable, regardless of what Honda says.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Shawn K said:
If he blazes through that and still has some gumption, he can always do a search for tire and oil opinions.
That is soooo wrong! :rofl1:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I will have to respectfully disagree with this comment :shrug2:
I've seen more damaged splines in the past couple years since Honda started recommending their replacement M77, than you'd care to know about.
If you want your bike to last a long time, use the Locktite stuff instead (its what the Honda mechanics use on THEIR bikes) :rofl1:

Bike
2007 ST1300
I too bought some of the M77 (assembly paste) but did not like it and went with the mentioned locktite product and it seems to be easier to apply.

Top Bottom