Moved to Dallas, Looking for Local DIY Repair Help

Bike
ST and K1600
Bought my ST while living in San Francisco and had a good friend (forum member "Igofar") who worked on ST's in his garage in San Jose. Moved to Dallas recently, and looking for similar person in DFW area, who does all their own maintenance and makes side money by helping other ST owners with maintenance. I've never had a good experience at a dealer.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Alan, your only 946 miles, or 13 hours and 32 minutes from me now...you could always schedule ahead, and ride down and visit yearly for your tune ups :rolleyes:
Last I heard you were in the Florida area? How are you liking Texas now?
Hope both your bikes are still doing well.
Larry

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I guess its time to throw Mellow under the bus.....I believe he lives in your area now....and has a tire changer as well :rofl1:
Maybe you could contact Joe, and he could point someone out if he can't help you.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Tire changes are about it for me these days. Not any OCD garage experiences around here that you had with Larry, best to get a manual and learn how to do things yourself one item at a time, many here will chime in with good advise if you ask. Many do their own maintenance and it's not rocket science plus the more you know about your bike the better off you are.

OP
OP
SFAlan
Bike
ST and K1600
Alan, your only 946 miles, or 13 hours and 32 minutes from me now...you could always schedule ahead, and ride down and visit yearly for your tune ups :rolleyes:
Last I heard you were in the Florida area? How are you liking Texas now?
Hope both your bikes are still doing well.
Larry
I moved to be near my folks who are getting up in years. I didn't ride the bike in FL because of all the crazy drivers, so my 2006 still only has 8k miles. Now in Dallas I ride every day to work, so I need an expert like you to continue my learning. Its time to check the moly on the rear wheel and install a Stebel horn, and other farkle stuff. Hope all is well in AZ, even if its unbearably hot. Good to connect again!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I moved to be near my folks who are getting up in years. I didn't ride the bike in FL because of all the crazy drivers, so my 2006 still only has 8k miles. Now in Dallas I ride every day to work, so I need an expert like you to continue my learning. Its time to check the moly on the rear wheel and install a Stebel horn, and other farkle stuff. Hope all is well in AZ, even if its unbearably hot. Good to connect again!

Top Bottom