Much prettier than Boston

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Its a nice place here! Everyone tells me ill discover how to live on “ Pagosa time” but i still want to jay walk and give sloppy tourists the finger when they forget how to drive!
But, day by day, im learning how to slow down. I spent a few nights camping without the rain fly on and saw the stars. A skunk lives across the street in a rain pipe. Ive seen eagles, fox, deer and who knows what else.
but the best part is i get to help my kids out.
yea, this is better than boston!
IMG_2737.jpeg

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Glad you are settling in. Hurry and find a bike and explore more of your surroundings. Yes I have to agree with you. The mountains are much prettier and better than a big city.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Glad you are settling in. Hurry and find a bike and explore more of your surroundings. Yes I have to agree with you. The mountains are much prettier and better than a big city.
And you qualify for Senior pricing at Wolf Creek (Military still better though)!

Have a favorite hot spring spot yet?
not a fave hot spring. Too many tourists right now. Joined the “Grey Wolves” which is guys that r obver 50 who ski. U wont find me home much this winter !

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Joined the “Grey Wolves” .....guys over 50 who ski. ......U wont find me home much this winter !

Looks like the Wolf just got a big dump. How is it on the mountain? Not too many rocks anymore?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
What's up with Kip's? Usually hard to find a parking spot there. Everybody staying home?
I took that pic before it opened. My kid ownes the place, so i shoveled it out a little. Jimmy made some great red chili, so the shoveling gave me a excuse to mooch a cup! 29” on the mountain! My kids r skiing today, and im baby sitting! Tomorrow im on the mountain for a bit!

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Best way (often only way) to secure a seat in the Home of the Dynamite Tacos!

July was a 1 3/4 hour wait on line. Until this week, it was almost as bad. Lots of texans here. I guess the public schools open up this week and the college kids are leaving soon. Things will quiet down some.
Tacos? #5 with chicken and avacodo! Worth the wait!

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Yes, they did! Texans heading home. Those texans gave me a ton of $$ painting last summer and fall!

Good for you (but didn't see no mountain trip report/pics!).

Not sure what Pagosa would do without those Texan's $$, they for sure don't dissed them quite as much anymore!

Top Bottom