Mufflers with Cats removed

zat

Does anyone have any first hand experience with cat-less muffling?
Hi, gooday,

I've been running my '06 catless to date.
No issue what so ever and vehicle inspectors does not even know about the missing cat within.
Indeed cooler (disclaimer: still hot but not as hot) and with a slight deeper tone which makes it purrs more like a 13 but the sewing machine comes along with its distinctiveness...
No engine modification, just running with Denso Iridiums and K&N filters.
Front Sonic Springs, super brace, stock rear with max preload and 3hrs before max damp/comp. (always 1 up @90kg)

Performance feel less restricted when you full throttle from stop until max ....... power gradient seems more gradual and constant.
However comparing with my previous 2003 catted with same set up.......
2003 Pop its front easily at junction stops went moving off even with full a tank and has a top end of just over 1~2mm past 240kmh mark.
2006 does not pop as easily and tops only at 237.5kmh (needle shivers between 235 and 240) with the decat exhaust.
No high speed weaving...only experience that w 'Top Box' on, even with super brace on.( weave starts at 210kmh) worst if Im behind a bus or truck.
Touching 50 soon... hardly got chance to burn bacons strips...running on great value T31 Bridgestonez.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
A little bit on the '03-'07 VS '08 and later ST1300 mufflers

In 2008, they changed the amount of the cat in the muffler. The '08 & later run hotter, I could tell the difference when I run either the 2010 or 2012 and then against either of the '04s.

Once I get moved and I can start working on the bikes again, I have a set of brand new (03 left & 05 right) that will go on my 2012, along with all new '05 tupperware. Brett will be buying one of the other bikes, I'll decide that once I can get the '04 back together.

Top Bottom