Multi Display

Bike
2006 ST1300
2024 Miles
My 2006 ST1300A's multi display started exhibiting problems yesterday during our group ride. Are you able to fix or replace this unit? It appearsfrom the parts diagram that you have to replace the entire speedometer unit.

Attachments

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
My 2006 ST1300A's multi display started exhibiting problems yesterday during our group ride. Are you able to fix or replace this unit? It appearsfrom the parts diagram that you have to replace the entire speedometer unit.
You can send it here for repairs http://bluegauges.com/index2.htm

Or some have had luck repairing it themselves.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
It is possible to replace just the multi info display but Honda may sell all of the instruments as a unit. @Ashley just replaced his with a used one he bought from a member here.

You can find things using the search functions on the tool bar as you gain more experience on ST-Owners.

Hi, It happens to mine st. One of the causes is a reflection of a direct ray of sun to the dash for some period of time.
I sent mine to bluegauges.com and also ask them to replace it for the blue display.
Good service and fast.
Good luck.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
As @dduelin mentioned I attempted to repair mine by taking the gauge cluster apart and replacing the polarized film on the front of the LCD. My front film was distorted as well as the flare like yours. The flare is actually within the lcd and it is not able to be repaired. You can remove the lcd from the circuit board and replace with a used one and retain your mileage as the mileage is stored on the circuit board itself.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss via phone.

Ashley

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
FWIW, I've years ago taken to draping an old retired t-shirt over the windscreen to cover gauges and switchgear (when possible) for sun protection, like when parked outside at work. Or sometimes my riding jacket, if I can keep an eye on it. (You DO know that sunscreen causes cancer, yes?)

Alabama gets a LOT of strong sunlight through the year, particularly in the summer (duh).

I've seen some really, really nice older, cherry bikes / UJMs that look spectacular -- until you see the faded instrument cluster, engine cutoff switch, starter button, etc. that are just beat to death by ultraviolet rays. Brittle, cracked, faded... just ruins the look of so many collectible, classic bikes.

Maybe I'm just following in Larry's OCD / CDO footsteps.

Oh, and I was kidding about sunscreen causing cancer. Studies are inconclusive.

OP
OP
Arthur
Bike
2006 ST1300
2024 Miles
As @dduelin mentioned I attempted to repair mine by taking the gauge cluster apart and replacing the polarized film on the front of the LCD. My front film was distorted as well as the flare like yours. The flare is actually within the lcd and it is not able to be repaired. You can remove the lcd from the circuit board and replace with a used one and retain your mileage as the mileage is stored on the circuit board itself.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss via phone.

Ashley
Thanks for the information. I had a 1990 ST1100 for 10 years and sold it for a 2001 Goldwing. Sold the Goldwing last year and bought my 2006 ST1300 used with 18000mi. No problems til this. Any advice on the disassembly procedure?

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
Arthur and I spoke and I shared what I know. I believe he will need to do the same as me and buy a good used unit and swap the LCD.

Top Bottom