My 1970 cb750 KO restoration

Lots to keep you busy, and looks great from the photos. Great color.

Like a boat, a project like this is a money sucker. Good luck.

With the right links, I think a person could just about build a NEW CB-750 with NOS (new-old stock) and after market reproduction parts.

It looks like you're having fun with that bike! I want one of each to work on when I retire, 400, 500 and 750. I have the 400 already.

Wow, I'm impressed. It's looking real good. I really like that original gold color...

By the time my fenders are rechromed and pipes come in, my $500 bike will have cost me about $6k. Oh well, I hope it's worth that

Congratulations Egar - nice! Tell me, is the color a factory color? Looks great anyway, and a LOT of work done! :headbang:

It is indeed a factory color. There were three colors that year - candy blue green, candy red and candy gold. I bought the paint kit from vintagehondapaint.com. This guy figured out the formulas for these obsolete colors. I finally have my two favorite bikes: the KO and the ST. Yes, this project has tapped me out, but what a feeling to hear it run.

Like a boat, a project like this is a money sucker...

I bought an old pontoon boat for $500 (Boat, motor, and trailer), brought it home, took all the decking and furniture off, had the motor rebuilt, spent $2K after the purchase to restore the boat to better than new condition. Marine grade plywood, stainless steel screws, new furniture. I had a total of $2500 into it, (With minor expenses over the years...a couple of boat covers...stuff like that) kept it in my back yard, had it for 9 years, sold it for $5500.

Like any project, it all depends on what you start out with, how patient you are, how you deal, what opportunities you capitalize on, and how well you maintain it afterward.

Back
Top Bottom