My Audiovox CCS 100 has quit working.

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
I installed my CCS100 in 2009 on my ST1100 and it has worked very well until this season. It started with intermittently not wanting to engage. And now it has stopped working all together.
Kevin56 told me this past weekend that he had to replace the servo on his in order to get it to work again.
I checked the vacuum first to make sure there is vacuum to the servo. Next I tested the voltage in all the wires per the instructions provided by Audiovox.
So the control switch is getting the juice to the servo and there is vacuum.
What now?
Has anyone else had to replace their servo?

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I installed my CCS100 in 2009 on my ST1100 and it has worked very well until this season. It started with intermittently not wanting to engage. And now it has stopped working all together.
Kevin56 told me this past weekend that he had to replace the servo on his in order to get it to work again.
I checked the vacuum first to make sure there is vacuum to the servo. Next I tested the voltage in all the wires per the instructions provided by Audiovox.
So the control switch is getting the juice to the servo and there is vacuum.
What now?
Has anyone else had to replace their servo?
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?112500-Need-opinion-on-CC-wiring-re-do

Jim,
Look at post #8 & #11. You don't need to open the diaphragm chamber like I did, just separate it from the servo. If you decide to separate servo from the chamber, go slow, you don't want to break tabs off. Once inside the servo, it is a simple setup.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Nikon, thanks for the link to your CC rebuild. I'm looking at similar. I know I have a loose or shorted wire somewhere in the circuits, I got no red light at the servo, then got it again for a couple thou, and then lost it again... searching.

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Thanks for the heads up on this, George. I should have figured you might be the source to the solution.
I'm going to get into it first thing Saturday morning.

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Credit where credit is due, Nikon is ahead of both of us... :D
Your absolutely right George. Thanks a million to Nikon. I followed his check system and oiled the pistons etc. and

VIOLA!!!!

It's alive again. I had to visit the solenoids twice as it still didn't want to work the first time I went for the check ride.
I went out the second time and all is well. Cruise, resume, set etc. are all working great.
I couldn't have done without your help, Nikon. I wouldn't have had the confidence to open up the servo and attempt the oiling process.
That's what I love about the people on the ST Owners site. Thanks again.

Top Bottom