My favorite online business is justifiably recognized on ADVrider

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've written here before about motorcyclegear.com , including my appreciation and their humble roots.
Now that they are opening a new store in Texas, it could warrant a RTL or RTB for Lone Star residents, or anyone planning a road trip down there. (Ride To Look, or Ride To Buy)
Here's the link to the article; I've said before I have used them since the early days and their truly humble beginnings.

Motorcyclegear Review

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't strayed much from Revzilla/Cyclegear - but this one is fairly close to me so it would be convenient. Actually, it is only a couple of blocks from where I used to live.

In case anyone is wondering the actual address:
MotorcycleGear.com
2637 Summit Avenue #303
Plano, TX 75074

Thanks,
Ryan

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
I've been buying my gear from them (approx. 23 years ago) way back when they started out as New Enough - great people to deal with. I've purchased helmets, pants, jackets, etc. and just got a set of Held Air & Dry gloves. They are the first place I look - then Revzilla, which is pretty good too.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Intake air pre heat is primarily there to prevent carburetor icing. Icing happens at the Venturi where the drop in air pressure and the introduction of low pressure fuel cause a temperature drop freezing the moisture in the air onto the Venturi nozzle. The ice acts as a choke blade causing rich mixture and reduction in air flow. A small amount of pre heat will prevent this. On the ST 1300 With fuel injection there is no Venturi to cause the pressure drop, the fuel is injected at relatively high pressure onto warm surfaces near the valves. Pre heat would be a detriment by reducing air density and increasing chances of pre ignition in the combustion chamber.
Wrong thread.

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've been buying my gear from them (approx. 23 years ago) way back when they started out as New Enough - great people to deal with. I've purchased helmets, pants, jackets, etc. and just got a set of Held Air & Dry gloves. They are the first place I look - then Revzilla, which is pretty good too.
I remember talking to Paul himself early on back in the NewEnough days too, didn't know he had retired.
Good on him!
It was amazing to deal with a real human (who also owned the place), who actually made me feel like he cared about helping me.
That is so doggone rare these days. But he's hired good people, so even when I dealt with others, I got the same feeling.
Am I sounding old yet...?

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bought my boots and helmets and the wife’s from him when I got back into riding in 2007.
Still buy all my gear from him unless I find some lightly used gear on here for sale.
I still call it New Enough in my head, Paul started an awesome business.

Thanks. it is very important to share some good impression about different businesses, not only the bad ones.
It is not that easy to provide a good customer service and i only realized that now, when i established my own business.
We are trying to stay in touch with all our clients through Microsoft teams sms and get a regular feedback about our services.

Last edited:
Top Bottom