Naked 1100

Greetings All,
I have been going through a 93 ST 1100 that has sat for a few years.
I have gotten to the point where I can ride it around the block with most of the tupperware off the bike.
Any suggestions on how to run the bike at speed with minimal plastic, safely for a couple thousand miles to prove out the bike and tinker with it as needed.
After this "Break In " I plan to buy new rubber and detail the body work.
Thank's
PS what is the consensus for a reliable battery? Currently have a Motobat .
BLUH2827.JPG

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
There are threads I've seen about how some have converted the 1100 to a naked bike, with varying degrees of success and mostly degrees of ugliness.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
When running with minimal bodywork remove the little nut clips or they will jump off by themselves and are expensive to replace with OEM.
Don't ask me how I know that. :rolleyes: In the end you will need some for completion.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Lead Acid batteries are like light bulbs of yore. There is no way to know how long a particular one will last, and lifetimes are averages of many that were used until they died. Guys here swear by many brands and prices. Most are reliable until they are not.

Bike
VStrom 650
The standard fit Yuasa lasts well, or it did for me. I changed it once in 9 years as a just incase.
I'm struggling to think why you can't run it half naked :scared2:obviously with the mirrors and indicators refitted.
It's looking good.
Upt.

Top Bottom