Naked 13 video. Xxx

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
That cleaned up nice! I wonder what was used. Mine hasn't had a deep bath like that ever, getting ready to turn over 110k mi but I have had the plastics off quite a bit.

OP
OP
lomita

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
Looks like a pressure washer was used and followed by compressed air dry.

A good application of dielectric grease on all connectors while it's unbuttoned certainly goes along ways in preventing electrical gremlins from rearing their little heads.

"I don't do wheels..." lol

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
"I don't do wheels..." lol
Once these wheels get about 80 to 90K on them, they don't look so pretty! I've been know to clean up my bikes when the tupperware is off, when I have the energy to do it anyway.

I just picked up a wrecked '06 with 192K on it, the front was caked in oil. I tried to clean it off a little, but that stuff was on there! :eek:

06-192K.jpg

OP
OP
lomita

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
Seat looks good. Nice rat potential..

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
In the video, he mentioned that with a full tank of gas, the bike handles like a pig so you should only put as much gas in as needed for the intended ride.

I always fill the tank and I've never noticed a handling difference when I get down to 2 bars, but I don't ride it like a sport bike either. Has anyone else noticed the dramatic difference he talks about?

Bike
2010 ST1300 AA
STOC #
The before and after shots are nice but at least a little of the "middle" would have been more informative. Either way it sure is puuurty when it's clean....

OP
OP
lomita

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
In the video, he mentioned that with a full tank of gas, the bike handles like a pig so you should only put as much gas in as needed for the intended ride.

I always fill the tank and I've never noticed a handling difference when I get down to 2 bars, but I don't ride it like a sport bike either. Has anyone else noticed the dramatic difference he talks about?
He don't do wheels...maybe not tires too. Obviously, not the coolant in a while. Maybe the handling thing is tire pressure, not gas level. Maybe he hasn't taken the time to figure out and tune the suspension. But there is a sweet spot he aims for, even if it disregards everything else. Adjusting the fuel level works for him.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
ddemair said:
Has anyone else noticed the dramatic difference he talks about?
I haven't but then I'm not anywhere near being a sport or even fast rider. This is the first mention I've seen of fuel level affecting anyones perception of ST handling. I can understand how maybe ~34lbs would make a difference when riding it like a RC-164. I don't do that. But it's his way of telling others what a great rider he is.

The only thing that 34lbs means to me is how tough it is for me to get it on the center stand.

John_Diego

Site Supporter
Bike
ST-1300/GL1800
Once these wheels get about 80 to 90K on them, they don't look so pretty! I've been know to clean up my bikes when the tupperware is off, when I have the energy to do it anyway.

I just picked up a wrecked '06 with 192K on it, the front was caked in oil. I tried to clean it off a little, but that stuff was on there! :eek:

06-192K.jpg
I know that ST, I was on it when I hit an Antelope on Hwy 6 in Nevada on the way home from NatSToc 2018. Bob I hope you can do something with it:)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I know that ST, I was on it when I hit an Antelope on Hwy 6 in Nevada on the way home from NatSToc 2018. Bob I hope you can do something with it:)

LOL....We'll see, but got to get that '04 fixed up first....its all a part on my lift! :chairfall1:

Top Bottom