Napping, Tagging, and Leafing

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Haven't been able to find time for a decent ride in a while, today was the day. I put on new rubber and a mono shock spring and only put about 20mi on her since.

Started with a healthy breakfast and a nap.

IMG_5566.jpeg

It was a brisk morning, lightly clouded, stayed around 50 for the morning. When she was ready we headed out to start tagging. First stop was the "Loser" Statue, this guy had multiple presidential runs and never made it. IMG_5570.jpeg

Quick stop at Americas oldest brewery. They are closed on Sundays.
IMG_5572.jpeg

It's that time of year in PA and the leaves are putting on a show, some of the better shots I missed.
IMG_5574.jpeg

A stop in Sunbury for a Courthouse shot. Saw a lot of small mining towns today.
IMG_5577.jpeg

Some old school HP.
IMG_5580.jpeg

The second oldest covered bridge in USA, oldest in PA, thanks @scootac
IMG_5582.jpeg

Having grabbed most of the tags, work was done, time to slide up in the seat, push the knees against the tank and enjoy the back country. The tires scrubbed in by now and being comfortable with the new suspension, and of course the squiggly line on the map, off I went... dang, traffic.
IMG_5585.jpeg

A few more leaf picts, and it's all but a memory.
IMG_5588.jpeg
IMG_5591.jpeg
IMG_5593.jpeg

I love the new rubber and springs, had a grand time, and as always, thanks for riding along.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Nice write up!
I pity you guys that only get to ride up here in a hurry and then rush back home on the slabs. There is just so much to see and experience that you miss.
Sometimes a nap after breakfast is very enjoyable!
:biggrin:

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Nice Will. Though I might recommend taking a different approach to accessing the shock to service the spring :rofl1:

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
So how many naps does she normally take? Asking for a friend.

Might need her checked out for narcolepsy.

Some nice photos there! Thanks for sharing.
My usual pre flight involves the kickstand down, I had previously checked numerous times over the last few days buttoning up the new lights. I realized I hadn't check it with the bike running with the stand up, I don't recommend this. The Fall post had me loling, thank you!

Reactions: Obo
Bike
2006 ST1300
Beautiful pics, and some good memories- my family is originally from the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area, and when we moved down to the Philly area ( Pottstown, PA), we would go back to visit, and always go through the Lehigh Tunnel . It was the highlight of the trip!

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
And I always thought they called you's people "leaf peepers". "They" even got that defined in "their" wiki pages.

Enough "quotes" yet?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Fall in North Florida ushers in the riding season. Humidity is less and there may be the first frost by December. 50s in the morning 70s in the afternoon. Our fall colors are muted because we have so many evergreens but when the colors are there they stand out from the endless green. Our colors will turn from early October through Christmas. This is some poinciana trees about a mile from our house. They roll through bright green to yellow to red from September to November.

IMG_3681.jpeg

Top Bottom