Nearly took out a (dumb) biker on PA 225 South

Bike
1991 ST1100
Coming down 225 this afternoon (in the cage), had a guy on a bike (with his girl behind) just straight-up turn left onto Mountain Rd. right in front of me. Had to slam on brakes with full ABS engagement, and rear end still fishtailed, to not hit him. This wasn't "oh geez" or "that was too close for comfort"... I would have absolutely creamed the guy if I hadn't gone full-on brakes.

I know the usual story is a car turning left right in front of a bike. But today I saw it can go the other way too.

Mostly ticked off on a "the sort that gives the rest of us a bad reputation" basis.

Shall I add "no gear whatsoever" or is that just inflammatory?

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Coming down 225 this afternoon (in the cage), had a guy on a bike (with his girl behind) just straight-up turn left onto Mountain Rd. right in front of me. Had to slam on brakes with full ABS engagement, and rear end still fishtailed, to not hit him. This wasn't "oh geez" or "that was too close for comfort"... I would have absolutely creamed the guy if I hadn't gone full-on brakes.

I know the usual story is a car turning left right in front of a bike. But today I saw it can go the other way too.

Mostly ticked off on a "the sort that gives the rest of us a bad reputation" basis.

Imagine how this guy drives his car.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #

Stupid git.

As the father of three daughters, I hope his GF finds a new man to hang out with before this twit writes her off too.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I doubt this kid even knows he did something stupid. I've seen high school kids step off the curb crossing a street without looking (or while looking down at their cell phone) immediately in front of my box van, which is turning into the side street they are crossing. We have all seen this. Do the kids look up startled? Of course not. They have no idea what just happened. It reminds me of a Larsen type cartoon, with some guy wandering across a busy street and cars piled up against lamp posts and hydrants trying to avoid him.

OP
OP
KCJones
Bike
1991 ST1100
I doubt this kid even knows he did something stupid. I've seen high school kids step off the curb crossing a street without looking (or while looking down at their cell phone) immediately in front of my box van, which is turning into the side street they are crossing. We have all seen this. Do the kids look up startled? Of course not. They have no idea what just happened. It reminds me of a Larsen type cartoon, with some guy wandering across a busy street and cars piled up against lamp posts and hydrants trying to avoid him.
My first thought after was what if there had been a couple folks close behind me... Coulda been a 2-3 car pile up while the twit rode on oblivious...

The Darwin Award part of me thinks shoulda taken him out vs that and done the gene pool a favor.

Bike
2010 ST1300
My first thought after was what if there had been a couple folks close behind me... Coulda been a 2-3 car pile up while the twit rode on oblivious...

The Darwin Award part of me thinks shoulda taken him out vs that and done the gene pool a favor.
Gotta eliminate stupidity from the gene pool somehow.

Top Bottom