Need a new headset

Bike
St1300PA
Just had my second Sena 10s fall off first one I couldn’t find , second one I found right away but it was ran over before I got to it and now it doesn’t work, the clip that holds it on was missing not sure if the clip broke when riding or being run over ether way it’s a crummy design. Anyway looking for a new headset how about some recommendations.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Just bought the Cardo Packtalk Bold but only have used it for less than an hour, it was very easy to set up though and the phone call I made worked fine other that the speaker volume was low but figured out the phone volume had to be raised.

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
from what I have heard from several users is the cardo and sena will not hookup with each other so you might want to use what the others you ride with are using.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
from what I have heard from several users is the cardo and sena will not hookup with each other so you might want to use what the others you ride with are using.
That is true of the mesh connectivity, however, depending on one’s skill set, a Bluetooth connection between Sena and Cardo can be achieved.
I believe that using the method of pairing a phone to Cardo unit, one can pair a Sena as a phone so that it can participate in the mesh circuit, again it’s one’s skill set. Which comes back to, get the unit your group of riders that you ride the most with use.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Sena has a universal intercom mode to allow it to connect to non Sena units. I read on here that the Cardo also has this functionality. Using the universal intercom function, I have paired my Sena 20S with all kinds of other brand headsets, including the cheap Chinese knock-offs. It works well, but has less range than when two Senas are paired together, but not so much so as to make it unusable.

Top Bottom