Need some ideas...custom Intruder 1500

Bike
2006 ST1300
I have a 2000 1500 Intruder that we played with for a while. Its a salvage bike my father gave me. It was repaired and ridden for several years, then I got it and rode it another year before pulling it apart for repaint. It had been repaired/customized using some aftermarket Harley parts, such as front & rear fenders. They just looked boring...nothing unique. The seat is trashed, so it needs a new one. The bike ran great and sounded good (for local riding...not much into the thumpity-thump thing).

This bike has no value...its 13 years old and is rough right now. Rather than practically give it away, I'd rather play with it and make it kind of unique. I'm not into choppers- no ape hangers or raked out forks. But I want to do something with the body work & seat. It uses fake tank sides with the actual tank under the seat, so I was thinking I could probably modify a custom tank from a Harley onto it (just for looks) to hide the electronics hidden up there.

I wish I could get a narrower front wheel for it...this one has the really fat wheel. I might see if the wheel from the 800 or 1400 will fit.

Just throwing some ideas out there. Sitting around on a cold weekend with nothing to do...LOL. The bike has been sitting for about 4 years, and will probably sit a few more, but I like thinking about it.

Jim

Top Bottom