New dancing shoes for STacy!

ColinW1981

Site Supporter
Bike
'06 ST1300A
STOC #
So this is the 3rd set of Pilot Road 4 GT's STacy has worn. Mileage for the all sets has been 12K miles. STacy stayed with the PR4GT's simply because WSP moto officers prefer the PR4GT's over the PR5GT's. It's always amazed me how light on the feet new tires makes the bike feel. As they say, your mileage may vary, but mine is 12k miles a set.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Nice. Brutus chewed through a set of PR3GTs in 11.5k miles, and they were very good tires indeed. Then he switched to Pirelli Angel GTs. JuST as nice a ride, about 2/3 the price, about 3/4 the lifespan. At leaST for him.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
I get the best mileage out of PR4 but only around 7-8k max! I would love to get 12k on a tire!

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
I get the best mileage out of PR4 but only around 7-8k max! I would love to get 12k on a tire!
Yeah me too. Maybe I could lose a few pounds off the bike and me and put helium in the tires to lighten up the load! :rofl1:
But i do agree one of the best set I’ve rode and enjoy the nimbleness

Bike
2004 ST1300
So this is the 3rd set of Pilot Road 4 GT's STacy has worn. Mileage for the all sets has been 12K miles. STacy stayed with the PR4GT's simply because WSP moto officers prefer the PR4GT's over the PR5GT's. It's always amazed me how light on the feet new tires makes the bike feel. As they say, your mileage may vary, but mine is 12k miles a set.
Hey Colin, like you I'm running PR4GT's but I'm on set #5. I usually only get about 7500 on them but I commute through a twisty canyon road so I really don't expect more mileage than that. Something interesting happened on the last set and I thought I'd ask if anyone else experienced it. On the way home one morning I picked up a large screw in the rear tire and almost immediately it went flat. I always carry the Aerostich inflator kit so I plugged it and was home shortly there after. Took the tire off and went to the local repair shop and was told that they could not patch it because the screw was to close to the sidewall. The tires had just over 2000 on them and did not want to buy another so I asked them to put a tube in it, which they did. Now comes the interesting part...........I got almost 9000 on that set! I replaced them when the wear bars were gone and the rear was just starting to square off. So has anybody else ever had this or a similar experience?

Top Bottom