New equipment on its way to the Green Garage.

OP
OP
GreenZR
Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
You'll love the Weaver. Mine has been great. I did go back for the pneumatic assist arm that I didn't think I really needed when I bought it. You can ask @The Cheese , @Uncle Phil , or @paulcb who have seen it in action whether it is handy or not.

Question for you all that have one of these, or similar units. Is it critical that it be bolted down to the concrete floor?
I may want, or need to move it around in my garage.
Also, any tips on the uncrating and set up of this unit?

Thanks for helping me out. Gary.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
Question for you all that have one of these, or similar units. Is it critical that it be bolted down to the concrete floor?
I may want, or need to move it around in my garage.
Also, any tips on the uncrating and set up of this unit?

Thanks for helping me out. Gary.
I don't think that it would work well unbolted to the floor. I wouldn't try to run it that way. I could see unbolting it and moving to another place for storage when not in use, but four (ok, at least two) concrete anchors would remain. You could thread a flat head bolt into the anchors to keep the threads clean and level the holes in the floor. It is a fairly heavy machine too. If I was going to move it around, I would weld some pads to mount castors on. Roll it to position and bolt it down. When finished, roll it to the storage location. Electrical hookup by a pigtail wire and air with a hose connection. Air pressure is important for the bead breaker. The higher the better. I use 120 psi and it works well enough so far.

I uncrated mine by myself off the back of my pickup truck, and I am not Muscle Beach material. One man can handle any of the assembly steps - the heaviest being the mount arm. I used my front end loader to unload and position the base. Otherwise, two men there. Or in this day and age a couple of redneck farm girls that you wouldn't want to pick a fight with.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I bolted mine to the floor (similar unit) out of an abundance of caution.
With the spinning turntable, I think it could move around if not bolted down.
Also, with the bead breaker, there might be enough motion for it to move.
But this is all 'theory' since mine is bolted down ... ;)

OP
OP
GreenZR
Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks guy's! I'll bolt it down. I will have help here when it is delivered, later today. I already have a air line ran for it. And a separate electrical outlet for it as well. My compressor range is 120 - 145 psi. So the air supply is covered also.

Gary.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
There is definitely technique to learn. I've gotten where I can roll both beads on at once with lots of front tires (Michelin Pilot Activs need not apply). Since you don't have as many duties to perform as you do with a manual changer, you can be more diligent about keeping the opposite bead in the well. That is one of the things that the optional extra arm does magically. Resist the urge to manually seat the first bead like you would on a NoMar. If the birdhead is properly positioned, it is difficult to get the second bead into starting position if the first bead is manually set. Much easier if you roll the first bead on with the machine.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
That is a sweet bit o' kit. Well worth your investment – floor space and set up! Your buddy doesn't by any chance have a Ferrari or McLaren or even a Ford GT he needs to park somewhere does he??

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I really appreciate you guys getting these machines and learning how to use them. ;)

Top Bottom