New here.

Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Welcome from Southern Indiana! I'm around the Bedford area, south of Bloomington. How close are you to Bedford??

Check out some of my Tech Events for Indiana. My next one is planned for May 4th.

Gary.

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
Welcome from Florida.... I am relatively new to the ST1300, I was able to pick up an '07 with 41K and an FI light problem for $2500 bucks. Fixed the problem for $60 bucks and have ridden it more than 4K miles in the past 6 months. Don't concern yourself about the mileage, if taken care of, they will last virtually forever. There are some out there with 300K miles on them and still going strong. The bike is comfortable, quick and smooth. It will cruise all day at freeway speeds, but mine likes to go 90 for some reason. My ST is used for shorter rides and I use my GL1800 Goldwing for the longer trips.
Good luck with your search.

Reactions: ATA

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole

I'm glad you posted this. I know from other forums how heated the discussion of "pros" and "cons" of each generation of bikes, so I have been reluctant to start a 11/13 thread.
(5th gen VFRs are best) lol

There are some great bikes in the classified section, and the price differences between the ST11 and ST13 are not all that great.... I'm kinda at the same this or that type confusion. -- Looking for that long haul bomber.... :cool:

Welcome Vern! You have come to the right place to learn about the ST. I was in the same boat about 8 months ago. I bought a low mileage 07 ST 1300 and it is the smoothest bike I have ever owned. You get used to the weight fairly quickly, I’ve joked about working my way up to a GW but this is plenty of bike for me. Nothing like a big V4! It’s a buyers market and nice ones around here are plentiful from 3-5k. Not many 1100’s but nice ones come up for around $2500. I think the 07 had zero recalls and mine has been trouble free so far.

Top Bottom