New LED work light

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just received a new work light. Been feeling the need for a better work light when I am getting at stuff under the bike and other equipment in the garage. I do have a clamp style flood lamp but that sometimes gets way too hot to be near and doesn't really get the light where I need it and sometimes just doesn't seem bright enough. I've been scoping out LED work lights for a long time now and dropped one that I liked in my Amazon wish list. It finally dropped in price a little and also added a 20% discount coupon check box. That made it among the lowest priced work lights even for those not as bright. The one I bought says 6000 lm (Lumins) in the title on Amazon but everywhere in the description and photos it says 5200 lm. I really wanted more than the common 2000 lm work light. I was thinking 3000 lm would be enough but this one was the same price and rated the same on Amazon for the 2000 lm.

This is the light: https://a.co/d/9ykLC54

This photo shows how bright the work light is. This is with the garage lights turned on. I have LED light bulbs in the garage so those are fairly bright but this work light makes them seem dark. The bike didn't look quite so dirty until I put the light on it. One warning though... DON'T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE LIGHT OR EVEN CLOSE. The eyes will hurt if I do!
PXL_20230405_181602581.jpgPXL_20230405_181634581.jpg

I do plan to get the bike washed when the weather warms up a bit. 33F today but will be in the upper 70sF sometime in the next week. This dirt is from riding in really cold temps between -2F and +30F.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Last edited:
That style "floor light" works great.

I bought one similar to that at, either (forget which), Harbor Freight or Northern Tool for $20-25.

BTW, I also have a clamp style flood lamp I've used prior, but replaced the standard bulb with an LED style, because of excessive heat of standard bulbs. I've since moved it out to a barn stall, to use as an equine "night light". That light can be on for hours and you can grab the bulb.

Top Bottom