New member to an old Club

dmcleane

Dave Elliott
Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #
Welcome me to the club. Yesterday I had the opportunity to get up off the ground, dust myself off and look back at her lying on her side.

I park in a dirt patch where, conincidently there is a 4" capped pipe sticking up an inch or so from the ground under the bike. Everytime I pull out I have to put a little sherbet to the throttle to get the rear tire over the pipe. Yesterday I was fully loaded for a two-up campout (looking much like the Beverly Hillbillies as they were arriving in Californ-i-ay) with the intention of pulling out and heading through the neighborhood to pick up my lady friend. But this time I hit the pipe and didn't quite get over it on the first try, so I was rolling back a few inches to get a little bigger head of steam..., and you know the rest. Slow motion over she goes, a very soft landing in the dirt. I chuckled a little bit, then proceeded to unload all of the crap strapped to the rear rack, including the (now) high side pannier. To my surprise, up she popped and looking like she never went over. Then I looked down the road and there was the neighbor's kid watching the whole thing. Today I get home, pull in and start unloading, when the neighbor comes by and quietly asks, "so how heavy is she?" I smiled and said, "Word's out, huh?", and he calmly replied, "yup."

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Sorry to have to welcome you to the club...
But, I don't care that story is just plain funny!
:)

STBernard

BlewBayou
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
I joined this club recently, also packed up for a camping trip. Was trying to force the saddle bag closed to compress some clothes... and the sidestand busted through the hardpack service into softer dirt and over she went. The difference is when I looked around, it appears nobody saw it, thank goodness. However the helmet on the seat hit the ground and the shield popped off. Small parts were lost in the grass and I spend the better part of an hour trying to find them and fit the lil buggers in the make the helmet shield work correctly. All was good after a quick lift and off we went.

:04biker:

Top Bottom