New ride: 2021 Tracer 9 GT

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
After six years of riding a Guzzi Stelvio NTX which was a lot of fun and some problems, I bought a”used” red Tracer 9 GT for $17,300 CDN, taxes included, that had only 346 km on the clock! I was looking at buying a new 2022 for $22-23K and found this gem on the Internet. The previous owner (PO) added an MRA laminar lip, Yamaha soft bags for the panniers, a Givi monokey aluminum plate and screen protectors to prevent scratches on the two readout screens. I’ll put the Guzzi up for sale in the spring as I’ve had good luck selling bikes and other gear on our busy Lakeshore Dr.

The quick shifter is awesome and the ride back from Innisfil ON was enjoyable, although I had to adhere to the break-in suggestions which were broken several times when passing slower vehicles. This is a bike I’m going to love. Looking forward to seeing what other Tracer owners are doing to their rides.

After six years of riding a Guzzi Stelvio NTX which was a lot of fun and some problems, I bought a”used” red Tracer 9 GT for $17,300 CDN, taxes included, that had only 346 km on the clock! I was looking at buying a new 2022 for $22-23K and found this gem on the Internet. The previous owner (PO) added an MRA laminar lip, Yamaha soft bags for the panniers, a Givi monokey aluminum plate and screen protectors to prevent scratches on the two readout screens. I’ll put the Guzzi up for sale in the spring as I’ve had good luck selling bikes and other gear on our busy Lakeshore Dr.

The quick shifter is awesome and the ride back from Innisfil ON was enjoyable, although I had to adhere to the break-in suggestions which were broken several times when passing slower vehicles. This is a bike I’m going to love. Looking forward to seeing what other Tracer owners are doing to their rides.

Attachments

STOC #
Nice bike.
Going from a tractor to a banshee and one in Arrest-Me-Red to boot! One word-Moderation, but what fun is that? :spsmile:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Congrats on buying a hooligan bike, I think you are the right man for it :thumb:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Awesome bike... If I would have had space in my garage I would have kept my Tracer. That engine is a drug...

OP
OP
SarniaON

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Nice bike.
Going from a tractor to a banshee and one in Arrest-Me-Red to boot! One word-Moderation, but what fun is that? :spsmile:
Moderation? You’ve seen me ride and now I’ll be able to have more fun keeping up to your Wee Strom.

OP
OP
SarniaON

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Congrats on buying a hooligan bike, I think you are the right man for it :thumb:
That’s exactly why I bought it, ‘cause it fits my riding style. OhioDeere previously said he thought I’d be squashed like a bug on the front of a Freightliner!

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Nice bike Brian, good find vs. a much more expensive new one.

So, was the bike (with <350 km on it) a demo or a trade in? My 2019 Tracer GT had 3,800 km on it when I purchased it 2 seasons ago, PO traded it in for an FJR which I thought to be a bit odd. If my Tracer, which was sold to the PO in May 2019, had virtually no km on it for the 2 seasons he rode it why trade it in for a bigger, long distance, bike that will sit likely used as well.

STrip

R.I.P. - 2023/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300 A
Awesome bike Brian, congratulations. That bike is on my radar for a while now. How do you find getting on & off the bike?
It appears to be quite high ?

OP
OP
SarniaON

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
The Tracer was a used bike, not a demo. Apparently the PO buys several bikes every year from the same dealer, Dewildt Marine, and then trades them for other new rides. He’s a retired banker with too much money. As to getting on and off the bike, I stand on the left hand peg and swing my right leg over the motorcycle.

Top Bottom