New Sneakers

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Tires down to 1/32 at 7600 miles. I usually do a little better on mileage but these are the original Bridgestone Battleax tires that came on my 2016PA. One was a late 2015, the other a 2016.
I quick look on the internet showed price increases and back orders on some popular tires. So i came across some Dunlop Roadsmart lll at a fair price. [$312.75 installed and balanced] They have Roadsmart llll but the older models a little cheaper. Also put in for a $60.00 rebate from Dunlop July 1st to August 31st.
$252.75 when my rebate come in.

Part of the good pricing was the fact that i helped with dismount and mount / balance. a good friend who was in the hospital with Covid for 6 months is finally getting back on his feet. I have been buying tires from him for the last 10 years. I usually drop the wheels off and he has them done the same day. I ordered these Dunlops and a couple of days later he texted to say they are in. Then he said bring in your wheels. He is still on Oxygen and i was not going to let him work alone.
Along with the tires he asked me to drive his 2021 Goldwing with 140 miles on it. Aired up those tires and took it out putting some fresh gas in it on the way back.
I don't know if he will ever be 100% but it is great to see him up and moving.
Well i got some cheap tires and got to spend the day with a good friend. What could be better than that.

Attachments

Bike
2002 ST1100
Just did the same swap on mine. Battleax lasted 9400 miles / 17000 km (down to the belts). Would have liked more, but apparently that is decent. Put on a set of Road Smart III last weekend. Nothing like new sneakers to make my ST1100 handle like a dream once again!

Days out with friends are what it's all about. Shiny side up :)

OP
OP
Jambriwal

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Just did the same swap on mine. Battleax lasted 9400 miles / 17000 km (down to the belts). Would have liked more, but apparently that is decent. Put on a set of Road Smart III last weekend. Nothing like new sneakers to make my ST1100 handle like a dream once again!

The new Dunlop Road Smart III are working out fine. Never met a Dunlop I did not like.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300

Good tire wear.
I've got 10,000 kms on my Bridgestone T31's so far.

Attachments

OP
OP
Jambriwal

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Tell us about the Goldwing when you rode it. Like it?
Yes. I had a 2014 Valkyrie b/4 the ST1300PA so I'm familiar withe engine/ chassis. I have driven several Goldwings with DCT and thought they were great. Big fan of the newer style, a little more towards sport touring. I would own one but my back would not agree. I have been downsizing the last 10 years. After a couple of seasons with the ST i have come appreciate that awesome V4 and the great handling. Also the smooth shifting close ratio transmission is one of the best. I must say that in the last 20 years i have been fortunate to drive and own some of the best motorcycles ever produced.

Top Bottom